Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Females: Do you earn more than your significant other? Watch

1. As a female, how do you feel about earning more than your partner?

2. how does your partner feel about that?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    1. :hahaha:
    2. :ashamed:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    3. #ForeverAlone I don't have a partner
    but if I did

ReputationRep:
    With one of my boyfriends I did earn more than him.

the myth is that men are apparently threatened when their women make more money than them. well that really depends on the guy. the guy i was with was a spoilt little **** who worshipped money and when i was making more than him he expected me to pay for everything and wasn't even afraid to shamelessly always ask, or even expect, me to give him some money when he needed it

******* literally took hundreds from me and because i was in love with him at the time i let him but then i finally woke up and saw him for what he was.

personally i don't and never have minded making more but from now on i have the sense to keep quiet about it. it really just brings out the worst in men when you mention how much money you have. they are either threatened or they take advantage

ReputationRep:
    He's self-employed. I am a (seemingly) perpetual student.

*He's got the money, obv. But even if I did earn more I don't think he'd care. In fact in future it's more likely I will, unless he decides to change track (which is likely, as he's not entirely made up his mind on what he wants to do or study yet). He's doing what he's happy with and I hope to be the same someday.

ReputationRep:
    If my girl earned more than me I'd be happy cuz it means I get to spend less and have more things bought for me haha

ReputationRep:
    I earn more than my partner at the moment. He is a PhD student and I expect I will continue to earn more for a few years after he graduates. From then on however I plan to be a kept woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    With one of my boyfriends I did earn more than him.

the myth is that men are apparently threatened when their women make more money than them. well that really depends on the guy. the guy i was with was a spoilt little **** who worshipped money and when i was making more than him he expected me to pay for everything and wasn't even afraid to shamelessly always ask, or even expect, me to give him some money when he needed it

******* literally took hundreds from me and because i was in love with him at the time i let him but then i finally woke up and saw him for what he was.

personally i don't and never have minded making more but from now on i have the sense to keep quiet about it. it really just brings out the worst in men when you mention how much money you have. they are either threatened or they take advantage
    Gee imagine people Expecting you to pay for things. and he took hundreds OMG.

Its not like men are faced with these expectations every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Gee imagine people Expecting you to pay for things. and he took hundreds OMG.

Its not like men are faced with these expectations every day.
    Well that man wasn't so... no

Try and keep on point. I know it's hard but just try

ReputationRep:
    1.Yes I do.

2. It's the only issue that causes tension between us. Providing for your family is pretty close to the nerve for men, - well, for decent men.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.