revising for IGCSE maths

Watch this thread
rawanaimat
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
i am in grade 10 now , i faced many difficulties in revising for all the topics in math and i didn't get good grades in grade 9 .i didn't know how to manage my time and didn't know when to solve past papers, do i start with it or do i revise the book first . so i was completely lost , and i wish the doesn't happen during igcse.
so any tips for revising ?
maruchan
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rawanaimat)
i am in grade 10 now , i faced many difficulties in revising for all the topics in math and i didn't get good grades in grade 9 .i didn't know how to manage my time and didn't know when to solve past papers, do i start with it or do i revise the book first . so i was completely lost , and i wish the doesn't happen during igcse.
If you are studying Edexcel IGCSE Maths. I suggest you use Mymaths and purchase the CGP revision guide. Practice all the past papers and you should be fine. Also going on examsolutions helps if you are stuck on a topic.

Hope that helps
rawanaimat
Rep:
(Original post by maruchan)
If you are studying Edexcel IGCSE Maths. I suggest you use Mymaths and purchase the CGP revision guide. Practice all the past papers and you should be fine. Also going on examsolutions helps if you are stuck on a topic.

Hope that helps
i am entering mathematics (0580) not edexel but anyway thnx
HapaxOromenon3
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
i am entering mathematics (0580) not edexel but anyway thnx
In that case MyMaths and CGP are still good resources but you should also use your own textbook to go over topics that are included in CIE but not Edexcel, e.g. set theory, differentiation, etc.
RonnyHK
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
For maths I find going over the textbook a bit useless if you already know the fundamentals and the formulas, swear I haven't opened it for over 2 dozen times. Read the textbook if you are still unfamiliar with the theories, but the best way to study maths for me is by doing heaps of past papers.
Benjybaker
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
That's great, and from experience, i would say start on a variety of past paper questions and focus on revising topics which you struggle with the questions for.
rawanaimat
Rep:
(Original post by Benjybaker)
That's great, and from experience, i would say start on a variety of past paper questions and focus on revising topics which you struggle with the questions for.
thank you , i will do that
rawanaimat
Rep:
and when do u advise me to start revising before our mocks ?
Benjybaker
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
U will prolly get some guidance from ur teachers, but I had my mocks in Jan so I started revision in December and revised over the xmas hols ( for all subjects, not just maths)
rawanaimat
Rep:
U will prolly get some guidance from ur teachers, but I had my mocks in Jan so I started revision in December and revised over the xmas hols ( for all subjects, not just maths)
oh , our mocks are in December ..so i will start revising November and in our national day holiday
rawanaimat
Rep:
I bought the CGP revision guide ...it looks good for revision thank you ..though not all the material is in it
Raymond Chin
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I have tuition blog raymonddydx.wordpress.com. I am now putting Cie IGCSE maths and add maths sample solutions to past year paper. Also have A level maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads