Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i am in grade 10 now , i faced many difficulties in revising for all the topics in math and i didn't get good grades in grade 9 .i didn't know how to manage my time and didn't know when to solve past papers, do i start with it or do i revise the book first . so i was completely lost , and i wish the doesn't happen during igcse.
    so any tips for revising ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawanaimat)
    i am in grade 10 now , i faced many difficulties in revising for all the topics in math and i didn't get good grades in grade 9 .i didn't know how to manage my time and didn't know when to solve past papers, do i start with it or do i revise the book first . so i was completely lost , and i wish the doesn't happen during igcse.
    If you are studying Edexcel IGCSE Maths. I suggest you use Mymaths and purchase the CGP revision guide. Practice all the past papers and you should be fine. Also going on examsolutions helps if you are stuck on a topic.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maruchan)
    If you are studying Edexcel IGCSE Maths. I suggest you use Mymaths and purchase the CGP revision guide. Practice all the past papers and you should be fine. Also going on examsolutions helps if you are stuck on a topic.

Hope that helps
    i am entering mathematics (0580) not edexel but anyway thnx

ReputationRep:
    i am entering mathematics (0580) not edexel but anyway thnx
    In that case MyMaths and CGP are still good resources but you should also use your own textbook to go over topics that are included in CIE but not Edexcel, e.g. set theory, differentiation, etc.

ReputationRep:
    For maths I find going over the textbook a bit useless if you already know the fundamentals and the formulas, swear I haven't opened it for over 2 dozen times. Read the textbook if you are still unfamiliar with the theories, but the best way to study maths for me is by doing heaps of past papers.

ReputationRep:
    That's great, and from experience, i would say start on a variety of past paper questions and focus on revising topics which you struggle with the questions for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjybaker)
    That's great, and from experience, i would say start on a variety of past paper questions and focus on revising topics which you struggle with the questions for.
    thank you , i will do that

ReputationRep:
    and when do u advise me to start revising before our mocks ?

ReputationRep:
    U will prolly get some guidance from ur teachers, but I had my mocks in Jan so I started revision in December and revised over the xmas hols ( for all subjects, not just maths)

ReputationRep:
    U will prolly get some guidance from ur teachers, but I had my mocks in Jan so I started revision in December and revised over the xmas hols ( for all subjects, not just maths)
    oh , our mocks are in December ..so i will start revising November and in our national day holiday

ReputationRep:
    I bought the CGP revision guide ...it looks good for revision thank you ..though not all the material is in it

ReputationRep:
    I have tuition blog raymonddydx.wordpress.com. I am now putting Cie IGCSE maths and add maths sample solutions to past year paper. Also have A level maths.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.