Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I heard that Cambridge define the MIT campus and surroundings in Boston in America to be within 3 miles of the church, so anything is possible it seems!
    Don't you just love this place with its crazy regulations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    I heard that Cambridge define the MIT campus and surroundings in Boston in America to be within 3 miles of the church, so anything is possible it seems!
    And according to our college nurse, our Senior Tutor once just declared someone's home (away from Cambridge) to be within that radius - they'd be ill and away from Cambridge, so could have had a problem with graduating (they'd passed all exams, etc.) :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I keep forgetting to submit an exeat form though (do all colleges have these?) and keep getting fined for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHutcher)
    I keep forgetting to submit an exeat form though (do all colleges have these?) and keep getting fined for it.
    Yes, and what! Fine? no. we don't fine people for not submitting exeat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Yes, and what! Fine? no. we don't fine people for not submitting exeat.
    I don't think we get fined either, we just get no say in when we're turfed out.

ReputationRep:
    We get fined for failing to return an exeat card by a particular date...not sure how stringent they are about this rule though.

ReputationRep:
    Clare doesn't. It's quite relaxed in that respect.

ReputationRep:
    I've not done that twice now. So far not heard a thing. How long did your college take to fine you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris_md)

I'm curious about the culture of the cliques, as raised by thefish. I appreciate that this varies from place to place; but, at Cambridge, what is the major determinant, if indeed there is one? Subject, society, sport and school spring to mind (wow an alliterative quintuplet :eek:)
    How much money you have and how well you can match Jack Wills with scarves and large jewellery.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.