Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I have a telephone interview coming up tomorrow and do not know how I could prepare for this. Any idea what they ask and what the best responses are?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by TrojanH)
    Hi guys

I have a telephone interview coming up tomorrow and do not know how I could prepare for this. Any idea what they ask and what the best responses are?
    Hi! I've done this a couple of times. Once 3 years ago, and again about a year ago. They asked me about availability, experience, hobbies/interests, why I wanted to work at O2, why I wanted that job, and why I would be the best person for that job. They also mentioned training that I'd have to do Think about any experience you have, working or academic, and think about exactly what you'd be able to bring to the job. Unfortunately we can't really answer the questions for you, but I'm sure you'll be fine! Just stay calm on the phone and answer the questions as clearly as you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Hi! I've done this a couple of times. Once 3 years ago, and again about a year ago. They asked me about availability, experience, hobbies/interests, why I wanted to work at O2, why I wanted that job, and why I would be the best person for that job. They also mentioned training that I'd have to do Think about any experience you have, working or academic, and think about exactly what you'd be able to bring to the job. Unfortunately we can't really answer the questions for you, but I'm sure you'll be fine! Just stay calm on the phone and answer the questions as clearly as you can.
    Thanks so much

How did you find the added work load? I applied for the 16h position but now even before I have any certainty of getting the job, already worried about if It will be taxing or not. Are shifts early or late?

I plan on doing a pretty demanding degree course, going gym 3/4 days a week, doing 5 hours of language learning, (this) 16h part time gig, and like 10h on programming projects a week. I suppose I don't know til I do it but would O2 be OK reducing it to 12H if I got the job?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by TrojanH)
    Thanks so much

How did you find the added work load? I applied for the 16h position but now even before I have any certainty of getting the job, already worried about if It will be taxing or not. Are shifts early or late?

I plan on doing a pretty demanding degree course, going gym 3/4 days a week, doing 5 hours of language learning, (this) 16h part time gig, and like 10h on programming projects a week. I suppose I don't know til I do it but would O2 be OK reducing it to 12H if I got the job?
    I didn't get the job the first time around, and I actually had to turn it down the second time as I had a better offer, but they'll be able to discuss it with you. They will probably want to keep you on a 16 hour contract, but it may be possible to reduce it if you ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I didn't get the job the first time around, and I actually had to turn it down the second time as I had a better offer, but they'll be able to discuss it with you. They will probably want to keep you on a 16 hour contract, but it may be possible to reduce it if you ask
    Thanks for that. Did you know what the salary was btw?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.