Chemistry Edexcel IGCSE

    • Thread Starter
    Online

    1
    ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    Appearing for Chemistry Edexcel IGCSE in 2017, would appreciate to know the name of paper I am writing. I am advised from my teacher I will be doing two papers one 67% of total and the other 33% - Can u name which one , C or CR in the following list for Edexcel IGCSE in 2017 ?

    Paper 1C: Question Paper 1C
    Solution: Mark Scheme 1C
    Paper 1CR: Question Paper 1CR
    Solution: Mark Scheme 1CR
    Paper 2C: Question Paper 2C
    Solution: Mark Scheme 2C
    Paper 2CR: Question Paper 2CR
    Solution: Mark Scheme 2CR
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reureu)
    Hi all,
    Appearing for Chemistry Edexcel IGCSE in 2017, would appreciate to know the name of paper I am writing. I am advised from my teacher I will be doing two papers one 67% of total and the other 33% - Can u name which one , C or CR in the following list for Edexcel IGCSE in 2017 ?

    Paper 1C: Question Paper 1C
    Solution: Mark Scheme 1C
    Paper 1CR: Question Paper 1CR
    Solution: Mark Scheme 1CR
    Paper 2C: Question Paper 2C
    Solution: Mark Scheme 2C
    Paper 2CR: Question Paper 2CR
    Solution: Mark Scheme 2CR

    C and CR are exactly the same syllabus . They are just there for countries that have a different time zone, so they can ahave a different paper. UK is normally C.
    • Thread Starter
    Online

    1
    ReputationRep:
    Thank- you Maruchan!!
    • Thread Starter
    Online

    1
    ReputationRep:
    One more help!
    Based on the topic in chemistry IGCSE 4CHO, which topic is more likely to get maximum questions in Paper 1 and Paper 2.
    Is it it an equal distribution of all topics or certain areas are more often asked?
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reureu)
    One more help!
    Based on the topic in chemistry IGCSE 4CHO, which topic is more likely to get maximum questions in Paper 1 and Paper 2.
    Is it it an equal distribution of all topics or certain areas are more often asked?
    When I took the exam in January. I used the CGP IGCSE revision guide/workbook and the Edexcel IGCSE revision guide. There is no specific question that will come up. They are more likely to test everything in the spec even if it is for one mark.My advice is to go through all the past papers and the CGP workbook. Questions do come from there aswell. Hope that helps
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Papers with "R" are regional papers and as far as we were informed they are different to the normal papers. Its to fit the time zones.
    Online

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slightly_edited)
    Papers with "R" are regional papers and as far as we were informed they are different to the normal papers. Its to fit the time zones.
    Predominantly to stop UK students cheating!

    Posted from TSR Mobile
 
 
 
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.