Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Chemistry Edexcel IGCSE

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    Appearing for Chemistry Edexcel IGCSE in 2017, would appreciate to know the name of paper I am writing. I am advised from my teacher I will be doing two papers one 67% of total and the other 33% - Can u name which one , C or CR in the following list for Edexcel IGCSE in 2017 ?

Paper 1C: Question Paper 1C
    Solution: Mark Scheme 1C
    Paper 1CR: Question Paper 1CR
    Solution: Mark Scheme 1CR
    Paper 2C: Question Paper 2C
    Solution: Mark Scheme 2C
    Paper 2CR: Question Paper 2CR
    Solution: Mark Scheme 2CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reureu)
    Hi all,
    Appearing for Chemistry Edexcel IGCSE in 2017, would appreciate to know the name of paper I am writing. I am advised from my teacher I will be doing two papers one 67% of total and the other 33% - Can u name which one , C or CR in the following list for Edexcel IGCSE in 2017 ?

Paper 1C: Question Paper 1C
    Solution: Mark Scheme 1C
    Paper 1CR: Question Paper 1CR
    Solution: Mark Scheme 1CR
    Paper 2C: Question Paper 2C
    Solution: Mark Scheme 2C
    Paper 2CR: Question Paper 2CR
    Solution: Mark Scheme 2CR

C and CR are exactly the same syllabus . They are just there for countries that have a different time zone, so they can ahave a different paper. UK is normally C.

ReputationRep:
    Thank- you Maruchan!!

ReputationRep:
    One more help!
    Based on the topic in chemistry IGCSE 4CHO, which topic is more likely to get maximum questions in Paper 1 and Paper 2.
    Is it it an equal distribution of all topics or certain areas are more often asked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reureu)
    One more help!
    Based on the topic in chemistry IGCSE 4CHO, which topic is more likely to get maximum questions in Paper 1 and Paper 2.
    Is it it an equal distribution of all topics or certain areas are more often asked?
    When I took the exam in January. I used the CGP IGCSE revision guide/workbook and the Edexcel IGCSE revision guide. There is no specific question that will come up. They are more likely to test everything in the spec even if it is for one mark.My advice is to go through all the past papers and the CGP workbook. Questions do come from there aswell. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    Papers with "R" are regional papers and as far as we were informed they are different to the normal papers. Its to fit the time zones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slightly_edited)
    Papers with "R" are regional papers and as far as we were informed they are different to the normal papers. Its to fit the time zones.
    Predominantly to stop UK students cheating!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.