Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

How to open my personal statement for physiotherapy???

ReputationRep:
    hii I'm wanting to apply for physiotherapy at uni within the next two weeks and am struggling deciding on how to open my PS. any suggestions that will make me stand out?

ReputationRep:
    If you've done so work experience you could start with something you saw and what it made you realise, if you make it dramatic enough
    Don't quote or say you've always wanted to study it from a young age
    You could start with an observation you've made about physiotherapy, eg, 'Physiotherapy is perhaps unique in the field of healthcare due to the fact that it requires the full cooperation and active input of the patient.'
    or
    'The core of physiotherapy as a treatment is engagement of the patient, whether that be through encouragement and support, or humour and goal-setting. 'What makes this person strive to achieve something?' They must ask themselves, and then alter their role to be as effective as possible. '

just some random suggestions i came up with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabephysio)
    hii I'm wanting to apply for physiotherapy at uni within the next two weeks and am struggling deciding on how to open my PS. any suggestions that will make me stand out?
    thanks this really helped x

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.