The Student Room Group

Doing three AS subjects!!!!!!! Help needed!

Hi everyone, I have just started year 12 this month and I have picked Maths,Chemistry,Psychology and Biology.:smile: I am thinking of dropping Psychology and continuing with the other three as it would be easier to manage the workload and study in depth. I will also be doing the EPQ which is equivalent to one AS and you can get the same ucas points for it. I want to do Medicine and I feel that by doing 3 AS levels I might be disadvantaged?:s-smilie: Has anyone done the same subjects as me or been in the same position? Do you think I should drop the subject or continue it for year 12?:redface:

What do you think I should do? Any help and advice will be appreciated.:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
4 subjects isn't a huge workload even though it will feel like it, and if you flop one then you can drop it for A2 and continue with the other 3 which is helpful
Yes it is fine, most schools are only doing 3 now due to the reform.
Original post by surina16
Yes it is fine, most schools are only doing 3 now due to the reform.

Yeah I know but most people in my school are doing 4 so I didn't want to be the odd one out:redface:. I have decided to stick with 4 and see how it goes:smile: Thanks for ur help:h: Are u doing 4?
Reply 4
I'm doing Physics, Maths and ICT which are difficult (not ICT) and stressful but I feel it gives me more time to revise and do well; I don't wanna do 4 and get bad results when I can do three and get good results
Original post by starstudent7
Yeah I know but most people in my school are doing 4 so I didn't want to be the odd one out:redface:. I have decided to stick with 4 and see how it goes:smile: Thanks for ur help:h: Are u doing 4?

Oh ok :smile:

Most people in my school are doing 3 + an EPQ, but I had the option to do Further Maths as a 4th and not do the EPQ which is what I've done :smile:
Original post by surina16
Oh ok :smile:

Most people in my school are doing 3 + an EPQ, but I had the option to do Further Maths as a 4th and not do the EPQ which is what I've done :smile:

Oh ok, thank you:smile: I will have to have long think about it and then decide:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest