Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Funding for changing course Watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi there,

    I am currently on leave from my undergraduate course due to health issues. My place is saved for me to continue studying whenever I feel ready to, but I would like to change course. As I left towards the end of 2nd year, I have been told that I am only entitled to 2 more years of finance ( enough for me to retake 2nd year and then start 3rd year)

    If I change courses, to start in 1st year, would I be entitled to finance for the full 3 year course, or only 2 years?


    You are eligible to receiving funding for the length of your new course , plus one extra year- minus the funding you have already had. If it is a 3 year course, the regulations state 3+1=4 -2 = 2 years full funding, however as you have suspended due to health issues you could apply for compelling personal reasons and receive extra funding. You will have to provide evidence to confirm how this has affected your study and evidence from the university.

Do you enjoy your job?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.