Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My daughter submitted hers a few days ago. She's international (US) and is hoping to hear back on the earlier side as she's met the requirements for some schools (w/AP tests). The personal statement was tough though so not sure what to expect. Completely different type of writing than is done for applications over here, where the focus is on things like learning from failure, personal background, etc. and telling a story. I prefer the academic/course focus of the UK app--I was calling it the no fluff approach--but we'll see whether it works out for her...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remaxmac)
    (..)
    What has your daughter applied for?

ReputationRep:
    My daughter submitted hers a few days ago. She's international (US) and is hoping to hear back on the earlier side as she's met the requirements for some schools (w/AP tests). The personal statement was tough though so not sure what to expect. Completely different type of writing than is done for applications over here, where the focus is on things like learning from failure, personal background, etc. and telling a story. I prefer the academic/course focus of the UK app--I was calling it the no fluff approach--but we'll see whether it works out for her...
    Ahh amazing! Where's she applied for?

ReputationRep:
    last year i remember warwick were sending out offers really quick, like literally a couple hours after people had their ucas application sent off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had some friends who got their Warwick offers for science/maths courses a day or two after they applied, some say they automatically give offers to everyone predicted AAA or above.

I applied to Warwick last year for law and they were the slowest out of all my choices to give me an offer! Didn't hear from them until March even though I applied in October

Warwick maths/science - super speedy
    Warwick humanities - super slow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    I had some friends who got their Warwick offers for science/maths courses a day or two after they applied, some say they automatically give offers to everyone predicted AAA or above.

I applied to Warwick last year for law and they were the slowest out of all my choices to give me an offer! Didn't hear from them until March even though I applied in October

So would you assume that Warwick give out economics offers quite quickly? Given economics is somewhat a science

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Did you apply for Notts bebs?

ReputationRep:
    Warwick will start sending offers massively at the end of September. I hope that I will be one of these people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)
    So would you assume that Warwick give out economics offers quite quickly? Given economics is somewhat a science

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I think that would be a very reasonable assumption. Could be different this year though, particularly considering Warwick great for economics
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Did you apply for Notts bebs?
    Sure did captain, offer came through within an hour of another sometime Mid February

ReputationRep:
    Ahh amazing! Where's she applied for?
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    What has your daughter applied for?
    Thanks! It was definitely a relief to get it in. She applied for archaeology. she's been focused on both arch and uk for years so she knew what she needed to have in place.

ReputationRep:
    predicted a*a*a here for A2

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think that would be a very reasonable assumption. Could be different this year though, particularly considering Warwick great for economics

Sure did captain, offer came through within an hour of another sometime Mid February
    February? Oh god I can't wait that long Might be different this year.

Thanks! It was definitely a relief to get it in. She applied for archaeology. she's been focused on both arch and uk for years so she knew what she needed to have in place.
    What unis has she applied for then?

ReputationRep:
    UCAS is blocked. I hate when this happens

ReputationRep:
    February? Oh god I can't wait that long Might be different this year.
    s
    I think my late offer was mostly due to the fact that I didn't do the LNAT until December, combined with the fact that law is one of Nott's most subscribed courses.

Wishing you luck in your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    UCAS is blocked. I hate when this happens
    Same, now my perpetual cycle of changing UCAS choices has came to a halt

ReputationRep:
    What unis has she applied for then?
    She's used four so far--York, Newcastle, Cambridge and Durham. She decided to hold one choice back to see how it goes, which I thought was a good strategy as she isn't sure how meeting qualifications equates with an actual offer. In the US even if you meet the typical qualifications you may only have a 4-5% of getting in to Stanford or other top schools (the app system in US is big time broken IMO). From reading through the posts last year, it looks like a couple of these unis turned around fairly quick responses, although I didn't see any for archaeology. It would be really nice if she did hear back quickly as I doubt she'd apply to any US schools with an unconditional in UK.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't applied yet. I'll probably send off my application in two weeks. Should be applying to Oxford,KCL, Manchester, Bristol, and either UCL or Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    Haven't applied yet. I'll probably send off my application in two weeks. Should be applying to Oxford,KCL, Manchester, Bristol, and either UCL or Liverpool.
    What course are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    I am applying Biological sciences and Biochemistry to Oxford,UCL,Imperial, Edinburgh and Warwick.

I am going to send my application next week and then I am going to count seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks..until I receive my first offer.

...international applicant tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    What course are you applying for?
    Law/Law with Politics and Philosophy(KCL)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.