The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GermanIRhopeful
I know how you feel ... Something similar happened to me with Aberdeen lol
I'm an EU applicant and all my unis had send me acknowledgement mails except for Aberdeen. I just assumed that they are not sending out those mails at all, some unis don't do it, not a big deal. A few weeks later, when I came home, there was an Aberdeen letter in the kitchen. My heart was beating so fast, I was sooo nervous while opening it ...
And it just turned out to be a "Thank you for your application letter" lol. I somehow didn't expect that at all, I was so disappointed (even though it is not my first choice)

Ahahaha same, parents were like "there's a letter from Aberdeen!" And I was like YAS :tongue: and I read it and it was just the acknowledgement letter smh.
Still waiting a month later for a reply from any university aha!
Had a similar incident with Glasgow emailing me and making me panic and I read it and it was basically just wishing me a merry Christmas... :rolleyes:
Stirling's Christmas card was fun though. :colondollar:
Original post by historicallytes
You're EU and haven't had an e-mail either? Ahhhhhh, thank god I'm not the only one. :redface: I didn't get a letter though.

Yeah, I'm German! Where are you from?
And don't worry about not having received a letter yet, it took them about 3 weeks to send me mine. You'll probably get one soon :smile: I was really surprised that they are sending letters to applicants not living in the UK.
Yeah, I'm German! Where are you from?
And don't worry about not having received a letter yet, it took them about 3 weeks to send me mine. You'll probably get one soon :smile: I was really surprised that they are sending letters to applicants not living in the UK.

The Netherlands, so basically right next door. I wasn't expecting any universities to be sending letters to international applicants either, just happy to hear that I'm not alone. :biggrin: Where else are you applying?
Got an offer of AAB from Birmingham yesterday after applying on 20th December.
Original post by Loopy91
Got an offer of AAB from Birmingham yesterday after applying on 20th December.

Go you! What course??
Original post by Shadow Hunters
Ikr? If they're gonna email me anything it should be an offer! :tongue: They're just taking their time I suppose.

Nearly died when I got an email from Birmingham saying "IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION" that turned out to be just telling me that my application has been sent on to an admissions tutor…
Original post by AfcFob
Go you! What course??

English Q300
What course are you applying for?
Original post by Rattie
Nearly died when I got an email from Birmingham saying "IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION" that turned out to be just telling me that my application has been sent on to an admissions tutor…

It's like they purposely want to mislead us lmao. :rofl: They realise their power!

Same with an email titled "your application to the university of Edinburgh" which I recieved a couple days ago and thought WOW IS THAT A REPLY-? And it was like "what to do next now you have sent your application." Like 3 weeks after I SENT IT!! And I was like grrrrr :angry:

Universities are proper trolling us all. :tongue:
It's like they purposely want to mislead us lmao. :rofl: They realise their power!

Same with an email titled "your application to the university of Edinburgh" which I recieved a couple days ago and thought WOW IS THAT A REPLY-? And it was like "what to do next now you have sent your application." Like 3 weeks after I SENT IT!! And I was like grrrrr :angry:

Universities are proper trolling us all. :tongue:

I got the same mail from Edinburgh. Scared me half to death, I'm still expecting a rejection but that e-mail was unexpected. :frown:
got my first uni offer from surrey today for politics with french!! 75% overall (sorry im doing the european baccalaureate im not quite sure of the conversion but i would guess its about BBB/BBC) and i applied on the 14th of december so it's been quite a while!!
I got the same mail from Edinburgh. Scared me half to death, I'm still expecting a rejection but that e-mail was unexpected. :frown:

Me too if im honest but I hope. :smile:
Ikr? Would they stop scaring us like this??? :biggrin:
Me too if im honest but I hope. :smile:
Ikr? Would they stop scaring us like this??? :biggrin:

uni applications have become worse than any exam ever.
The longer unis are taking to send me decisions the closer I get to withdrawing everything and taking a gap year in the hope that re applying next year will get me quicker decisions since I'd already have my grades :redface:
uni applications have become worse than any exam ever.

Absolutely right! :tongue:
Absolutely right! :tongue:

I've just been doing buzzfeed quizzes. I now know I will get married when I am 23.
The Netherlands, so basically right next door. I wasn't expecting any universities to be sending letters to international applicants either, just happy to hear that I'm not alone. :biggrin: Where else are you applying?

I'm applying for International Relations in St Andrews (the dream), Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen :biggrin: what about you?
I'm applying for International Relations in St Andrews (the dream), Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen :biggrin: what about you?

History and related courses (not all exactly history) haha, but at Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling and Aberdeen.
Anyone had any from Uni of Liverpool? (Apart from sciences)
I've just been doing buzzfeed quizzes. I now know I will get married when I am 23.

Buzzfeed told me I would be forever alone aha. :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending