The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ibbyyyyy
Guys could you please help review my personal statement on my profile. its on accounting and i want to know if i can improve it because i have to send it off next week. Any help is appreciated.

You shouldn't post your personal statement online!! It can be copied by people, or when you submit UCAS can search and say you copied it from someone else :/ I know tsr has a lot of personal statement advice flying around though
Original post by richardhello
How long does it take you to get acknowledgements...? I applied around 5 hours ago but haven't had anything yet, nor the SAQ. Should I be worried?

My quickest acknowledgements came in a few hours, the slowest took just over a week so no need to worry.
Are we supposed to receive an email from the University after we get an offer? (Bristol in specific).
Original post by Cryptographic
Are we supposed to receive an email from the University after we get an offer? (Bristol in specific).

I did from Bristol for applications last year, but it came in a couple of days after Track updated.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'm applying for Glasgow too! What were you predicted and offered?

I'm an international applicant so my grades are quite different.. I was offered 7777, which is the same as A*A*A*A* in A-levels. I guess the entry requirements are a bit higher for people outside the UK:unsure: I'm pretty sure my grades won't be good enough
Original post by mintiess
I'm an international applicant so my grades are quite different.. I was offered 7777, which is the same as A*A*A*A* in A-levels. I guess the entry requirements are a bit higher for people outside the UK:unsure: I'm pretty sure my grades won't be good enough

Oh wow where are you applying from?
Oh wow where are you applying from?

Finland :smile:
Finland :smile:

Oooh that's so so cool! Which uni are you firming?
Oooh that's so so cool! Which uni are you firming?

I have no idea haha, I really would like to firm Glasgow because that's the one I'm the most interested in, maybe a miracle would happen and I'd get those grades! What about you?
Original post by Hadd0ck
Capture.PNG

I just got one from Manchester for classics too!!
I have no idea haha, I really would like to firm Glasgow because that's the one I'm the most interested in, maybe a miracle would happen and I'd get those grades! What about you?

If I get a rejection from Nottingham but an offer from Glasgow then that's my firm haha.

EU applicant offer requirements are very high at many Scottish universities due to the low fees.
Original post by Cryptographic

In the next few days probably.
Got an offer for maths at Warwick today!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Mine got sent off on Monday and I got an offer from Bristol yesterday evening, and someone I know got an offer from Bristol very quickly as well - looks like they might be being quite quick?? (based on a sample of two XD)
I sent my application off for Bristol last week and I still haven't heard anything back, my course is joint honours so that might be why its taking longer (I hope lol)
Sent off my application for Amsterdam University and just about to send off my other one for a Dutch uni.

Just need to send off my UCAS now!
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Got an offer for maths at Warwick today!

Yay! Congrats!

Hopefully I'll get an offer tomorrow :frown:
Original post by TIF141
Mine got sent off on Monday and I got an offer from Bristol yesterday evening, and someone I know got an offer from Bristol very quickly as well - looks like they might be being quite quick?? (based on a sample of two XD)

Congratulations! What course did you/your friend apply for ?
Original post by jamestg
Yay! Congrats!

Hopefully I'll get an offer tomorrow :frown:

Thank you! Hope you get an offer soon 🙏

Latest

Trending

Trending