The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by metrize
Does anyone know if I will get offers at bristol bath or imperial with a*a*a predicted grades (course engineering)

No-one can know how your application (PS etc) compares to all the other people who have applied. It isn't just about 'grades'. You'll just have to apply and keep your fingers crossed.
Reply 1381
Original post by solC
The conditions are either AAA with Maths or A*AB with A* maths and A Further Maths, and my predicted grades are A*A*A*.
Are you applying to Nottingham too?

I looked at it but in the end I applied for Oxford, York, Sheffield, Cardiff and UEA all for PPE or variations, I haven't heard anything back yet though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by returnmigrant
No-one can know how your application (PS etc) compares to all the other people who have applied. It isn't just about 'grades'. You'll just have to apply and keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks, hopefully I'll get some soon. Bath and Bristol have high offer rates so I hope I'll get an offer from them, it's just imperial that looks to be more difficult to get in
Reply 1383
Original post by RelfTE
I looked at it but in the end I applied for Oxford, York, Sheffield, Cardiff and UEA all for PPE or variations, I haven't heard anything back yet though :frown:

Don't worry I'm sure they's respond soon, Warwick was the last uni to reply by far but the first to give me an offer lol. I still haven't received an email from the college I applied to at Cambridge, but I think now that its past the deadline we should start hearing from them soon:smile:.
Original post by IcedArizona
You get an unconditional either if you've already achieved the grades required for the course and the university wants to offer you a place. Many universities give unconditionals to very very strong applicants.

You can also get an unconditional offer (often only if firmed) from some universities, such as (but not limited to) Birmingham, Leicester and Sussex, as a marketing strategy for them to secure students. These are offered entirely in the interests of the university, not the student.

23,000 such offers were made in 2015 (double that in 2014).

Only accept them if you would have made that university your firm choice anyway, don't be swayed by the "attractive" offer.
Original post by Theplace
What's the acceptance cap?

no. places a uni can offer
[QUOTE="solC;68056052"]
Original post by RelfTE

Don't worry I'm sure they's respond soon, Warwick was the last uni to reply by far but the first to give me an offer lol. I still haven't received an email from the college I applied to at Cambridge, but I think now that its past the deadline we should start hearing from them soon:smile:.

Agreed, they'll probably start shortlisting Monday. And contact the students for an interview mid November.
[QUOTE="Drunq;68058192"]
Original post by solC

Agreed, they'll probably start shortlisting Monday. And contact the students for an interview mid November.

Although SAQ deadline is a few days away yet...

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="jneill;68058284"]
Original post by Drunq

Although SAQ deadline is a few days away yet...

Posted from TSR Mobile

For those who have completed their admissions. E.g LNATs for law. So on and so on.
Got an offer from Nottingham A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dorababy1995
I've also seen people get offers from Bristol!

What courses do peeps have Bristol offers from?😀
Original post by Xphoenix
Got an offer from Nottingham A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! What course?
Original post by PHILLIPSCHO
What courses do peeps have Bristol offers from?😀

I've heard a lot of ppl get offers at Bristol for economics :smile:
I've applied to Bristol for Physics and Maths (combined degree) as well but haven't heard anything yet. I'm an international student tho so it might take longer.
Got an offer from UEA, History and Politics :smile:
Original post by LennyBicknel
Got an offer from UEA, History and Politics :smile:

On a Sunday? Wow congrats! :smile:
Reply 1395
How long does Bath take in general to reply?
I've heard a lot of ppl get offers at Bristol for economics :smile:
I've applied to Bristol for Physics and Maths (combined degree) as well but haven't heard anything yet. I'm an international student tho so it might take longer.

Does it take longer for unis to reply to international students?
Original post by SayoniRoy

If you have unusual qualifications, yes.
Original post by SayoniRoy

Depends of the unis but my uni counsellor said they had noticed that in the previous years (my school has approx 30-40 ppl who send applications to the uk)
On a Sunday? Wow congrats! :smile:

Nah, it was on Friday. I only just found out this thread existed :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending