The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My PS is done its just chasing teachers to alter my reference. Ughhhhhh I just want offers to boost my motivation!!!
Original post by Legendary Quest
Same! :biggrin: The waiting game isn't nice >_<

When are you planning on sending off your application?

Hopefully in the coming week! I just need the teachers to give me references. You?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Hopefully in the coming week! I just need the teachers to give me references. You?

Good luck! I'm hoping to send it off in the next 2 or so weeks depending on how cooperative my sixth form is! :tongue:
Good luck! I'm hoping to send it off in the next 2 or so weeks depending on how cooperative my sixth form is! :tongue:

I'm going to be checking Track every single day lmao. If I get an offer from Nottingham I'm firming it :tongue:
I'm going to be checking Track every single day lmao. If I get an offer from Nottingham I'm firming it :tongue:

I check it every 10 to 20 minutes! :biggrin:D
Original post by dorababy1995
I check it every 10 to 20 minutes! :biggrin:D

Pointless checking at the weekends btw. Unis only work on weekdays, and most offers go to UCAS (and therefore to applicants) late afternoon/early evening.
Original post by returnmigrant
Pointless checking at the weekends btw. Unis only work on weekdays, and most offers go to UCAS (and therefore to applicants) late afternoon/early evening.

I know.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Same :lol:

You get a generic email from UCAS every time you get a response from a university. Those are the worst :unimpressed:
Everyone says Warwick send out offers very quickly, but is that before or after October 15th?
Same :lol:

You get a generic email from UCAS every time you get a response from a university. Those are the worst :unimpressed:

Oh yeah and when unis wish you a Happy Christmas :colonhash:
From 2014, I got my Queen Mary offer in November, my UCL offer in November, and my King's offer in December. From others in my year, I know the University of Kent replies within days, and the University of Westminster is usually sometime in November :smile:
Original post by dfbenjamin
Everyone says Warwick send out offers very quickly, but is that before or after October 15th?

I think this was before.

@Princepieman confirm plz

Original post by Anna.Karenina
From 2014, I got my Queen Mary offer in November, my UCL offer in November, and my King's offer in December. From others in my year, I know the University of Kent replies within days, and the University of Westminster is usually sometime in November :smile:

Wb Nottingham or Glasgow?
Original post by dfbenjamin

I think this was before.

Wb Nottingham or Glasgow?

Warwick send offers from tomorrow if I remember correctly.
Oh wow that is really early. Good luck with your application and I hope you get your first choice :biggrin:

I'm sending mine off in a week's time. Just need to tie off some loose ends and take out £23!

Sent mine off last Sunday its now £24!
Original post by Aidan.reed
Sent mine off last Sunday its now £24!

What??? The bastards :angry:
Original post by returnmigrant
Remember that 'early application' does not equal '5 early decisions'. And it can result in an early Rejection as well - there is nothing like a full body-blow to take away all the smug confidence you might have had.

Many early applicants will still have to wait until April to get a decision and usually get over stressed about 'waiting so long' for an offer. This agony of waiting could have been avoided if they hadn't whacked their application in to UCAS in September.

Also, most people change their minds about their likely grades (and therefore the sense of their 5 choices) and often change their minds about the subject they want to study, during their final A level year. The longer you wait before finalising your UCAS application, the more considered (and wiser) these choices are likely to be.

'Excitement'? This isn't a party game - its about the next 3 or 4 years of your life.

I think a lot of people on this thread are applying early due to an Oxbridge deadline, or their schools personal deadline is all :smile: I know my schools Oxbridge deadline is this Friday (7th) and the normal one is even October 21st
I think this was before.

Yep, got mine in effectively a week and some people got theirs in a few days.
Original post by Princepieman
Yep, got mine in effectively a week and some people got theirs in a few days.

What about Swansea?
I just sent my UCAS off two days ago but still need to wait for my school to check it. Aww it's nerve wrecking I have applied to Cambridge, UCL, Edinburgh and Manchester
Original post by Oceana Liang
I just sent my UCAS off two days ago but still need to wait for my school to check it. Aww it's nerve wrecking I have applied to Cambridge, UCL, Edinburgh and Manchester

I sent mine off 1 week ago now received 3 emails saying that they're processing but nothing yet

Latest