Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I understand you get 1 extra year of student finance incase you need to resit, however if you failed 1st year, and want to leave after second year, but carry your 1st year credits to the new uni, would you still have to fund the first year?

So I am looking to go straight into 2nd year at a different university, would I still have to fund the first year of that, even though the course length is three years but I am skipping the first with credits I already have?

Sorry if this didn't make complete sense or if its in the wrong place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkrange)
    I understand you get 1 extra year of student finance incase you need to resit, however if you failed 1st year, and want to leave after second year, but carry your 1st year credits to the new uni, would you still have to fund the first year?

So I am looking to go straight into 2nd year at a different university, would I still have to fund the first year of that, even though the course length is three years but I am skipping the first with credits I already have?

Sorry if this didn't make complete sense or if its in the wrong place
    I failed my 3rd year and transferd to another uni carrying my credits from years 1 and 2. Student Finance will fund your extra year as long as it results in you gaining the qualification you set out to get in the first place ( or equivilant course ). So if I read your post correctly you should be fine, you appear to be in the same situation just 1 year behind.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.