Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I recently semi-broke-up with my boyfriend of nearly 2 years (excluding a 4 month period Nov 06 - Feb 07). By semi-broke-up I mean we are still friends, still hug and kiss but we're supposed to be single. Its very confusing and I can't remember how I got into the situation in the first place.

The problem is... before this happened I liked him, I liked his company and all that, he was great to be with and the sex wasn't bad. Now, I can't help thinking about him all the time. I want him to the point of distraction and can only think of him in a sexual light.

Anyone care to shed light on this? Anyone had similar experiences. I know I'm going to have to ride it out, I'm going to the US in 24 days, but bloody hell its hard!

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you are effectively still together, so you might as well make it official again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poetic_harriyot)
    I recently semi-broke-up with my boyfriend of nearly 2 years (excluding a 4 month period Nov 06 - Feb 07). By semi-broke-up I mean we are still friends, still hug and kiss but we're supposed to be single. Its very confusing and I can't remember how I got into the situation in the first place.

The problem is... before this happened I liked him, I liked his company and all that, he was great to be with and the sex wasn't bad. Now, I can't help thinking about him all the time. I want him to the point of distraction and can only think of him in a sexual light.

Anyone care to shed light on this? Anyone had similar experiences. I know I'm going to have to ride it out, I'm going to the US in 24 days, but bloody hell its hard!
    I know EXACTLY what thats like- not to go into a huge rant about my experiences (and now I will!)- I've been seeing a guy on and off for two years now- and everytime I break up with him, I regret it, and I want him SO badly (it doesn't help that the sex is ****ing great!) and I go out of my way to flirt with him and make him want me when I see him around campus, clubs etc... when I broke up with him. It's like, when I'm with him, I get bored very quickly, and when I'm not with him, I HAVE to have him..

I think its a case of the grass is always greener and loving the chase. Think about it- doesn't the sex seem so much better when you think about it in hindsight; when you're alone and horny... you build things up in your mind

Sorry I can't offer advice- but if you do get any, please let me know!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Think you both need to talk and find out where exactly you both stand with each other.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2007
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.