Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello again TSR,

I'll jump straight into the situation I am currently faced with.
    My Step-Mum is constantly saying how lazy I am, doing nothing around the house and its unfair she has to do 'all this'. Okay so I wash up everyday, hoover the entire house, clean my room(obviously), do all my own laundry, take the dog out 3 times a day, go to sixth form and complete all the work. Also applying for lots of jobs, going for interviews, but that's not going to good.
    She is UNEMPLOYED. My Dad leaves at 7 and does not get back till 9 from work (lawyer in London, in case you were wondering) he's the one who keeps the roof over our head and says I'm doing enough. I don't particularly like my Step Mum as she is constantly trying to put me down saying how lazy I am. I don't know what to do about it anymore as although it sounds stupid its building up and up and I honestly cannot wait for uni next year.
    Question is, what should I do ? What would you do ?
    Thank you for any advice,
    Lee

ReputationRep:
    Again, I know it probably sounds stupid but there is only so much you can take if you are constantly day after day being put down when your trying your best.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by lee1999wright)
    Again, I know it probably sounds stupid but there is only so much you can take if you are constantly day after day being put down when your trying your best.
    I know the feeling It sounds like you're doing plenty! It could be worth asking your dad if he can have a word with her, seeing as he thinks you're doing enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I know the feeling It sounds like you're doing plenty! It could be worth asking your dad if he can have a word with her, seeing as he thinks you're doing enough
    Glad to know its not just me.
    I have and he just don't want to say anything to her about it. He understands the situation but just will not say anything to her.
    Thanks for the advice though,
    Lee

ReputationRep:
    tell yer da to bone some1 els3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceOfOrange)
    tell yer da to bone some1 els3
    Legit answer here ! Great idea lol

hav the same situation (almost) just learned to ignore them and stuck it out. leaving for uni soon, its jus one of those things u hav to deal w/. learn to ignore it or stick up for urself when necassary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hav the same situation (almost) just learned to ignore them and stuck it out. leaving for uni soon, its jus one of those things u hav to deal w/. learn to ignore it or stick up for urself when necassary.
    Thank you, I shall try.

ReputationRep:
    Well, thanks to all 3 people who answered. I'll just keep my head down until university.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.