Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Can I Study At UCLA or UC Berkerley?

    • Thread Starter


    Do you have 100 grand to pay the fees?

    (Original post by MercrutioCaius)
    I am currently in year 12. In my GCSE's I got an A* in Physics, A in Math, A in Biology, A in Chemistry, A in Economics, B in History, B in French, B in English Lit, B in English Lang, B in RE, C in Statistics and D in Geography (Year 9 btw so i was pretty young). I want to study ChemEng at UCLA or USB. I am doing Chemistry, Physics and Math for A-Level.
    I doubt it. You'd be an international student so you will be in competition with outstanding students from multiple different countries.
    It's probably easier to get into Oxford as a Brit, than it is to get into UC Berkelely as an international.

    You'll probably need to take the SAT/ACT. For the UC system, they won't count your freshman year grades, so don't worry about your Cs and Ds back then. According to the Berkeley website, you just need to complete your qualifications over there. Keep in mind, American admissions are quite subjective, and there are always the apocryphal stories of the student with bad grades getting in because of a strong extracurricular resume/application essay/good recommendations/parent who went to university.

    If you need more reading:
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: September 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.