Failed grades, Rejected from Uni, Clearing... Watch

Perdition00
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Ive been rejected at the university i wanted to go to, id been accepted through extra, ive just recieved my clearing passport from ucas.

I had a look at doing the foundation year at Durham University, i spoke with One of the admissions officers who told me their might not be positions in the social science foundation program. I was looking forward to starting uni, now im a bit gutted, Are their any foundation programs or access courses i can enter?

Thank you:suitc:
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Perdition00)
Ive been rejected at the university i wanted to go to, id been accepted through extra, ive just recieved my clearing passport from ucas.

I had a look at doing the foundation year at Durham University, i spoke with One of the admissions officers who told me their might not be positions in the social science foundation program. I was looking forward to starting uni, now im a bit gutted, Are their any foundation programs or access courses i can enter?

You need to give us a bit more detail on what you were planning to do and the grades/subjects you have before any of us will be able to help you -
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The Clearing vacancies won't be released until A-level results day on the 16th August, but you can do a UCAS course search to give you an idea of what's available, then check whether they were in Extra this year (they will have an x next to them) and whether they were in Clearing last year (there's a thread in this subforum somewhere, probably sticked) to see how likely it is that they still have places.
Anannya
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You can do a social sciences foundation year. Have a run through the university list in UCAS to see which had Extra vacancies as presumably there might still be places in clearing. Since its social science and its Durham, they might have been much harsher towards you than perhaps a lot of universities wont be, so match your grades with the range that most universities ask for to see if there are ways you could get in.
Thaiprawns
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Perdition00)

Im sorry to hear that you were rejected

does that mean you get a clearing passport before you get your results ie will you know if you don't get into your firm or insurance uni before results day??
Perdition00
yep, got a clearing passport:suitc:
khil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
How can people tell you where you can find the foundation course you want when you haven't specified what course it is you're trying to get into?
Perdition00
The course i was hoping for was an economics based one. I am not sure what to do with regards to finding a good uni to study it, Durham rejected me on their foundation course as well,

How low do grade boundaries go with respect to clearing, im ready to go crazy!

Thanks!

:suitc:
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Impossible to say what the grade requirements (I think that's what you mean) might be without knowing which course and which uni we are talking about. What subjects and grades have you actually got?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (274)
27.29%
No (730)
72.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed