Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So my school has told us all that we need to organise work experience for some time in November, and it must be something related to our future careers. I'm thinking about asking around a few constituency offices to see if they'll accept me, but I'm a bit confused.

Should I email them or call them? Do I need a CV? Are they likely to accept a Lower 6th student with no experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rflxvvrbs)
    So my school has told us all that we need to organise work experience for some time in November, and it must be something related to our future careers. I'm thinking about asking around a few constituency offices to see if they'll accept me, but I'm a bit confused.

Should I email them or call them? Do I need a CV? Are they likely to accept a Lower 6th student with no experience?
    I would call the constituency office, explain a bit about yourself and see if they can possibly consider you and if they say they can get the email of the constituency secretary to email your CV too. Constiuency offices are used to requests from school kids with minimal previous experience asking to do work experience, however as they do get so many applications some get booked up well in advance and may have to say sorry we can't accept you.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.