Turn on thread page Beta

What are your thoughts on Princess Diana? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well at the time I was sick of all the fuss - and we definiltey overracted.

But she did use her position to do some good, which is OK by me. And I did feel sorry for her because of all the puressure he had on her.

ReputationRep:
    The notion that Diana was some sought of saint is undeiinably refuted by the evidence that she left every penny of her estate to William and Harry, and not a penny to any of the charities she "supported" in her lifetime.

ReputationRep:
    She didn't mean anything to me personally, and although she was hardly in the thick of it I'm really not the biggest fan of the royalty. I do think we see her through overly kind retrospective eyes though. Yeah she was probably nice, yeah she did some charity work...but she was INCREDIBLY rich, I'm always a little suspicious of people who really claim to want to do some good but won't loosen the pursestrings a little.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    Both so true.
    Well then stop saying you love me yer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robob)
    Well then stop saying you love me yer
    Not funny. :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Never really liked her that much if I'm honest.

I was quite young when she died and was most pissed off that they had cancelled a lot of kids programmes that day to report on her death

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotalImmortal)
    Never really liked her that much if I'm honest.

I was quite young when she died and was most pis#@d off that they had cancelled a lot of kids programmes that day to report on her death
    That is also true. Longest ad break halfway through The Simpsons ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    Not funny. :hmpf:
    You mean it's not a joke even?

:|

ReputationRep:
    I always thought she was pretty empty-headed and not exactly an asset to the Royal Family.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people still make a big deal about her. Obviously it's a tragedy for her family, but I don't get why people who hadn't even met her were so bothered. She's just one person and loads of people die every day. It's not as if she did anything that spectacular - doing charity work is by no means a big deal for members of the royal family (considering they receive plenty of money for nothing and don't have any other real jobs to do - except maybe the queen, who has a lot of appointments I suppose).

ReputationRep:
    I think that if she hadn't have died we wouldn't have admired her as much as we do now, if people live long enough they make mistakes and loose popularity, she's preserved as this "perfect" person now
    I was upset when she died I guess
    However, my sister met a family who knew her and they didn't really like her
    I agree with everyone who says it's time for the papers to be quiet now. There's plenty of sad news in the world without bringing up that every week

I didn't know her.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care much for the Royal Family but for some reason it made me really angry that they were planning to dig up her body to examine it. For God's sake, let the poor woman Rest in Peace.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.