Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am an English A level student and I am really interested in studying in the Netherlands... due to the high cost of University in the UK.

I have recently visited both University College Amsterdam and Utrecht University College (in the summer holiday, so very few students around). I liked them both, but thought UCU campus would suit me best.

I go top Grammar School in the UK and have 12 GCSEs all at A* and A. I will probably apply to Cambridge to read Social and Political Science as well as applying to uni in the Netherlands. I would like a career in the UN or an NGO so International Relations is a real interest.

AUC has an International Relations track and Peace Lab visits Kosovo, which is such an amazing course. However, UCU does not seem to offer International Relations so would I struggle to get on a Masters programme for IR without studying the subject or would geography and politics be valued?

Most people say forget the NL the Unis in the UK are so much better -but the league tables don't show that. I'm so confused!

Please advise me if you have studied at either AUC or UCU.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I don't know much about this topic (just started looking into studying in NL myself), but have you considered Leiden University College in The Hague? It's a liberal arts and sciences school like AUC and UCU, but focuses more on International Relations (and similar topics).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.