Freshers Week 2007 Watch

Proton Boy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by redluc)
Creation -
Oh dear! Still as chavvy as ever then!!!
Mccarroll
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
are there any bands playing on freshers week?
SussexJo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Proton Boy)
What did Tru used to be called? I know it's on West Street?
Was Creation but has been all done up and made fancy I think

Jo
redluc
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You can change the decor butI don't think it will change the clientele.

Irrespectively I do think it's better than Tents in a field.
SussexJo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by redluc)
You can change the decor butI don't think it will change the clientele
For the Freshers Ball we're in charge of ticket sales so it'll be our students

Jo
SussexJo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You should now (touch wood) be able to buy pub crawl and ball tickets online from www.ussu.info/freshers/events

It'd be handy for me if you could let me know how you find the online sales system as its the first time we've done it!

Thanks

Jo
mc_hamster
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I just bought one for the pub crawl, didn't bother buying the freshers ball thing. It worked ok, I hope.
Mccarroll
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Big Fat Inflatable wednesday haha, wow freshers week looks good, i was a bit worried before jus wanna go there now !
SussexJo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mccarroll)
Big Fat Inflatable wednesday haha, wow freshers week looks good, i was a bit worried before jus wanna go there now !
Yeah no one's put 'be excited' on their to do/done list. It's going to be so good and I'm so jealous!

Jo
Proton Boy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
MORE FRESHERS' WEEK NEWS...

Sussex RAMS (Rock and Alternative Music Society) are putting on two nights out in Freshers' Week.

The first is on Tuesday and is a "Rock Crawl" concluding at the Rock/Metal/Punk "Guerilla Rocks" night at the Barfly (formerly the Gloucester). The night will start off at East Slope Bar, then move into Brighton going to the Caroline of Brunswick (amazing pub) and Hobgoblin pubs before heading to the Barfly around 11pm. The club is open to 2am (I think) and entrance to the club is only £3 (with NUS).

The second is on Thursday night, for the "Mad For It" indie night (mainstream danceable indie in my experience). Meet at East Slope about 6.30pm, going to The Font and Pav Tav bars (both pretty cheap and very studenty) and then heading to the Barfly around 11pm. £3 again if you have NUS.

Go to these as these look good.
Mccarroll
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
so theres an Indy bar crawl And a normal bar crawl on the Tuesday?
ladyportacabin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
There's also the LGBT bar crawl. Anyone interested can find details on the Sussex LGBT facebook group. There's also a private group for those who aren't out to friends. PM me and i'll invite you.
Mccarroll
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Proton boy or whoeva, Do i have to buy tickets to the indy one cause i gotta for the other one.. not sure which to go for lol
Proton Boy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mccarroll)
Proton boy or whoeva, Do i have to buy tickets to the indy one cause i gotta for the other one.. not sure which to go for lol
You don't have to buy tickets to either the indie bar crawl on Thursday, or the rock bar crawl on Tuesday. You only have to pay to enter the club at the end. The normal bar crawl to which I believe you're referring you do have to buy tickets to. I believe the normal bar crawl is also on Tuesday, but I'm not sure.
marleyreally
Report 11 years ago
Has anyone heard about new magazine launching in Brighton? I was out in Brighton on Friday and XYZ had a private function on in Pacha, talking to the door staff and sounds like it's going to be massive but I'd not heard of them......There's going to be a wristband with the 1st issue with loads of big discounts to all the bars and clubs. Does anyone know how to get hold of it?
tastygracey
Report 11 years ago
Hi there, yeah I'm already in Brighton staying with friends, they say I can crash as long as I won't! Looking forward to Freshers week!! :-)
jointhedots
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Proton Boy)
Hobgoblin pubs
I'm totally intrigued as to what this is like now the smoking ban has come in. I love the Hobgoblin, with its unique pool table featuring a 'shallow end'

Proton Boy, are you part of the rocsoc committee or do you just go to the events?
mc_hamster
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
The Hobgoblin depresses me. It's dark and expensive.
Proton Boy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by misslibby)
I'm totally intrigued as to what this is like now the smoking ban has come in. I love the Hobgoblin, with its unique pool table featuring a 'shallow end'

Proton Boy, are you part of the rocsoc committee or do you just go to the events?
Neither really, just saw it advertised on Facebook and thought I'd better give it a shout-out. I went to the Thursday indie night at the Gloucester last year and it wasn't too bad.

Redluc, they changed the name to the Barfly around the time of The Great Escape festival in Brighton earlier this year (I think it was about late April?).
À la folie, pas du tout
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I haven't been to complete my registration yet, something to do with the loans, so how do I buy tickets online? I may not able to finish registring till I get there and don't want them to sell out :confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Sussex
    Master's Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 9 Mar '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (163)
40.35%
Nope, not that interesting (163)
40.35%