Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i posted yesterday about some problems i was having with guys on my course.

they were asking me lots of inappropriate questions and it made me feel really uncomfortable but i wasn't sure if i could do anything about it. but i was told it was sexual harassment.

so i went in again today and the same thing happened they were asking me some disgusting questions like do you spit or swallow i said i am not going to answer that and he said well you must swallow then.

i didn't say anything to anybody until after i left , i phoned them and told them i would not be coming in and explained why

anyway they have told me to go in and write a statement about what has happened.
    i really don't want to go in and do it, especially since yesterday i answered and played along even though i felt really uncomfortable

have i done the right thing in complaining? am i overreacting? is is sexual harassment ?

ReputationRep:
    You're certainly not overreacting, this is sexual harassment and it is completely unacceptable. Complaining is the right thing to do, go and write the statement and make sure you name and shame the guys involved.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't call that sexual harassment, but I would say they were being stupid and immature. They probably find you attractive and asked you those questions, in future just tell them to stop asking you those questions.

How did you react?

Edit: I just saw you said you reacted playfully and played along, you gave them the wrong responses. If you felt uncomfortable you should have told them to shut the **** up.

Hi, this is a random topic but I want your views on a problem I am encountering and whether it constitutes as me having committed (unwitting) sexual harassment. just to clarify, I am a male and would like female thoughts on this (the scenario is essential a couple of female colleagues complaining about me telling them how to deal with a couple of condom-related patient problems in a pharmacy in detail) http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post68462684

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.