Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Science GCSE Remark!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I Was just appalled when i got 2 B's in english and science and a C in maths, I was expecting 2 A's/A*'s and a B/C, I am hopefully going to resit math and english and Aim for A's/A*'s and really put effort into it this time however i cannot resit science until i get to college, and even if i do a resit university's and med schools look down on that. I got 319 UMS Points and 320 UMS is an A , it's absolutely killing me; i don't know whether its going to go up or not and i find out in 3 weeks. Has anyone ever gotten a grade bump from a GCSE science remark???

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Yeah, I was in the same position as you were in regarding my Chemistry GCSE. I was 1 mark off the next grade boundary and my teachers sat down and discussed which paper/module should be put in for a remark. My grade was bumped up a level which later enabled me to study Dentistry at Bristol university! I originally took the paper in 2014.

Hope that I helped!

ReputationRep:
    I think they sent out all 3, or maybe just one i'm not too sure - But thanks! it's nice to see there's still a chance.

ReputationRep:
    There's definitely still a chance! I wish you the best of luck with that remark and the rest of your studies. Who knows, you could be my doctor someday!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have had GCSE Science grades go up - although rarely. You're looking for a single UMS so not even one raw mark, it's certainly possible. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waqar_)
    I Was just appalled when i got 2 B's in english and science and a C in maths, I was expecting 2 A's/A*'s and a B/C, I am hopefully going to resit math and english and Aim for A's/A*'s and really put effort into it this time however i cannot resit science until i get to college, and even if i do a resit university's and med schools look down on that. I got 319 UMS Points and 320 UMS is an A , it's absolutely killing me; i don't know whether its going to go up or not and i find out in 3 weeks. Has anyone ever gotten a grade bump from a GCSE science remark???
    I understand, I was 1 mark away from an A* and it's killing me tooo... Anyway since remarking costs a lot I only sent my physics paper for a remark, although for b1 and c1 i was just one ums away from an A*, and it took me forever to decide which paper I wanted to send. Hopefully we both get our deserved grades xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topazz)
    I understand, I was 1 mark away from an A* and it's killing me tooo... Anyway since remarking costs a lot I only sent my physics paper for a remark, although for b1 and c1 i was just one ums away from an A*, and it took me forever to decide which paper I wanted to send. Hopefully we both get our deserved grades xD
    Luckily, My school paid for mine however i'm not sure if it's just one or all 3 papers, I was so sure that i had an A* and then opened the letter to find a big awful B - i need the A for a-levels AND med-school so it's vital that i get it - i find out on the 3rd of October so fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topazz)
    Did You get a result yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.