Science GCSE Remark!!

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I Was just appalled when i got 2 B's in english and science and a C in maths, I was expecting 2 A's/A*'s and a B/C, I am hopefully going to resit math and english and Aim for A's/A*'s and really put effort into it this time however i cannot resit science until i get to college, and even if i do a resit university's and med schools look down on that. I got 319 UMS Points and 320 UMS is an A , it's absolutely killing me; i don't know whether its going to go up or not and i find out in 3 weeks. Has anyone ever gotten a grade bump from a GCSE science remark???

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Yeah, I was in the same position as you were in regarding my Chemistry GCSE. I was 1 mark off the next grade boundary and my teachers sat down and discussed which paper/module should be put in for a remark. My grade was bumped up a level which later enabled me to study Dentistry at Bristol university! I originally took the paper in 2014.

Hope that I helped!

ReputationRep:
    I think they sent out all 3, or maybe just one i'm not too sure - But thanks! it's nice to see there's still a chance.

ReputationRep:
    There's definitely still a chance! I wish you the best of luck with that remark and the rest of your studies. Who knows, you could be my doctor someday!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have had GCSE Science grades go up - although rarely. You're looking for a single UMS so not even one raw mark, it's certainly possible. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waqar_)
    I Was just appalled when i got 2 B's in english and science and a C in maths, I was expecting 2 A's/A*'s and a B/C, I am hopefully going to resit math and english and Aim for A's/A*'s and really put effort into it this time however i cannot resit science until i get to college, and even if i do a resit university's and med schools look down on that. I got 319 UMS Points and 320 UMS is an A , it's absolutely killing me; i don't know whether its going to go up or not and i find out in 3 weeks. Has anyone ever gotten a grade bump from a GCSE science remark???
    I understand, I was 1 mark away from an A* and it's killing me tooo... Anyway since remarking costs a lot I only sent my physics paper for a remark, although for b1 and c1 i was just one ums away from an A*, and it took me forever to decide which paper I wanted to send. Hopefully we both get our deserved grades xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topazz)
    I understand, I was 1 mark away from an A* and it's killing me tooo... Anyway since remarking costs a lot I only sent my physics paper for a remark, although for b1 and c1 i was just one ums away from an A*, and it took me forever to decide which paper I wanted to send. Hopefully we both get our deserved grades xD
    Luckily, My school paid for mine however i'm not sure if it's just one or all 3 papers, I was so sure that i had an A* and then opened the letter to find a big awful B - i need the A for a-levels AND med-school so it's vital that i get it - i find out on the 3rd of October so fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topazz)
    Did You get a result yet?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.