Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Post Grad SLC loan

    • Thread Starter


    Can I apply for a loan for a masters before I apply to a Uni? The Uni I am applying directly too requires proof of funding at application,


    The post-grad loan application is similar to the undergrad loan application - you need to enter the details of the institution you are applying for, so I would presume applying to the uni would be the first step to take.

    In terms of providing proof of funding, it might be worth letting the uni know you want to apply for the SFE loan, or/and a bank loan. My MA application only had two options for telling them how I would pay for my course, privately funded or sponsored. I ticked privately funded and in my interview they asked me about the logistics of how I would pay. I explained about the SFE loan and they were fine, it turned out because it was a new scheme (and at that point neither I nor the uni really understood how it was going to work) that the application form hadn't been updated to reflect the option of a government loan.

    Tbh, as long as the uni know you are good for the fees *somehow* I can't see them minding too much how you receive the funds.
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.