Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Can you tell me please LLBs that are 2 years duration and online/distance learning? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    If you mean an undergraduate LLB, the only one I know of is the accelerated one through BPP. All the others are either campus based or more than two years.

There might be some postgraduate LLB 2 year courses you can do online though if you have already got an undergraduate degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Is BPP reputable?
    But I think BPP is very expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verier)
    Their two-year degree costs 9k a year so it isn't really more expensive considering youre only doing 2 years, in fact its saving you some money. You cant expect to pay a lot less just because you want to do shorter course im afraid..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    If you mean an undergraduate LLB, the only one I know of is the accelerated one through BPP. All the others are either campus based or more than two years.

There might be some postgraduate LLB 2 year courses you can do online though if you have already got an undergraduate degree.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I found this: http://www.rgu.ac.uk/law/study-optio...w-llb-online-/
    It's cheaper, around 10k for the whole program. Is it reputable?
    Do you know any other better/cheaper options? It can be a grad entry, but I want to do it in 2 years.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    A two year online course that isn't a post grad course is going to be questioned no matter who was providing the course to be honest.

It isn't that it is online - I've recruited OU students who have done online courses. But 2 year courses are slightly concerning for a lot of firms (when they are not PG LLBs). Personally I think it comes from the view that an accelerated course like this gives you very little opportunity to develop the other aspects of your CV which are just as important as your academics.

Why are you looking at an online 2 year course? I am assuming from your earlier comment that cost is the main issue? If so, you will find it very difficult to find a reputable LLB course that doesn't cost a significant amount of money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you know any other better/cheaper options? It can be a grad entry, but I want to do it in 2 years.

Thanks!
    Sorry but no online Law degree is reputable. Uni of law also offers a 2 year course but its even more expensive, 23k

ReputationRep:

Thanks!
    You need to be aware this is Scottish law not English law (a common mistake made by many students who think they are the same thing).

If you are looking to work as an English qualified lawyer, you would need to take a couple of English law modules (usually Land law and Constitutional law) to them be able to take the LPC before.

Obviously not an issue if you are looking to work in the legal profession in Scotland though.

Also it states this course is for postgraduates. Not sure what your status is, but if you have got an undergraduate degree you could also look into online GDL courses as an alternative. That is only one year instead of two, so although the courses are expensive, might work out cheaper/quicker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    whats llb

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Light Venom)
    whats llb
    Technically means "Literally Legum Baccalaureus" but it is really just the "title" of a law degree, in the same way someone might study a BA and B.Sc in another subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.