Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have recently been worrying about the fact that my GCSEs will prevent me from getting to a university to study medicine; my results at GCSE are the following:
    FSMQ Financial Calculations - A
    FSMQ Algebra and Graphs - A*
    English Language - B
    English Literature - B
    Religious Studies - A
    Mathematics - A*
    French - B
    Geography - A*
    Biology - A
    Chemistry - B
    Physics - A
    Computing - B
    Use of Mathematics - A

I just need to know whether these grades will grant me a good likelihood of getting accepted by a university for medicine and what I can do to increase my chances. I'm currently in Year 12 studying A Level Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths Mechanics; I've heard from many people that GCSEs do matter A LOT and some people say that university's barely look at them. So, if anyone could answer, would these grades give me a good likelihood of getting into medicine or not and what grades would I need in these A Levels to get into medicine?

Thanks a lot, any help is much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Distinxtive)
    I have recently been worrying about the fact that my GCSEs will prevent me from getting to a university to study medicine; my results at GCSE are the following:
    FSMQ Financial Calculations - A
    FSMQ Algebra and Graphs - A*
    English Language - B
    English Literature - B
    Religious Studies - A
    Mathematics - A*
    French - B
    Geography - A*
    Biology - A
    Chemistry - B
    Physics - A
    Computing - B
    Use of Mathematics - A

I just need to know whether these grades will grant me a good likelihood of getting accepted by a university for medicine and what I can do to increase my chances. I'm currently in Year 12 studying A Level Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths Mechanics; I've heard from many people that GCSEs do matter A LOT and some people say that university's barely look at them. So, if anyone could answer, would these grades give me a good likelihood of getting into medicine or not and what grades would I need in these A Levels to get into medicine?

Thanks a lot, any help is much appreciated.
    This depends on the university you apply to. For some uni's GCSE's are really important. For some not at all. For some they'll form a small part in your overall application.Your GCSE's are not awful. They won't prevent you from getting into medicine as long as you apply to your strengths. Do some research on the criteria of each medical school and apply to those where your profile fits.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.