The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Essentially, not enough that it's even worth grading.

If you've gotten a U, well, you're going to want to spend a lot more time working.
Reply 2
A U grade means your result was so poor it could not marked, hence Unmarked.
Reply 3
It means U failed.
Reply 4
Original post by pabelnabilislam
I know it's a very common question but I want to know the real meaning of it. How many marks does 'U' grade stands for? Please give me a detailed explanation.

Please reply ASAP it will be helpful !!!

Thanks You!!!

Marks vary depending on the exam, exam board and grade boundaries, so there's no way for me to tell you that. U stands for 'ungraded' though and basically means you've failed an exam.
It means unclassified. It's when you don't get enough marks to get a grade.

However it is still marked
(edited 7 years ago)
Unmarked. Ungraded. Uneducated. Unfortunate. Unworthy of employment.
I always thought it was unclassified, but bever really had the need to look into it.
Reply 8
According to a teacher who was an examiner on the OCR board, U stands for Ungradable.
U - Useless
Original post by pabelnabilislam
I know it's a very common question but I want to know the real meaning of it. How many marks does 'U' grade stands for? Please give me a detailed explanation.

Please reply ASAP it will be helpful !!!

Thanks You!!!

Ungradable.
(edited 7 years ago)
Unclassified
Original post by L0st45
According to a teacher who was an examiner on the OCR board, U stands for Ungradable.

Original post by Shazen
Ungradable.

WJEC said unclassified. I'm pretty sure that's what most say it is
Ugly
A 'U' means that you have failed to meet the minimum requirements to be given a pass at any grade.
ungraded
lowest grade you can get
I don't think I'm either ugly or uneducated but I still got a U for one unit of my AS and an A for the other unit (coursework). Can the marks be added and averaged out to - hopefully - some sort of pass or do I have to resit the whole thing (coursework included)? (Exam board info page not specific enough - college waiting for an answer but there is a backlog ....)
Unequivocally stupid
Atleast if you get a F D G and E you can spell fudge!
U=Uneducated.

Latest