The Student Room Group
Erm. You misled us a bit there, you don't have a boyfriend. On that note, I'd say your family was more important if it was a choice between them - but why should it be? You're ok with it, he's ok with it, your cousin would be ok with it, why should your families get involved? They can't force those two to like each other any more or less than they do. So it's nowt to do with 'em.
Reply 2
if it were me, i'd keep my friendship with both of them and wait for the cousin to marry someone else

but you probably don't want to wait that long

so go with your head
I would personally go for it. If you knows he likes you back then it'd be a massive shame to leave it and do nothing. I'm sure your family will get used to it if your cousin explains that she doesn't feel anything romantic towards the boy; it's silly for them to try and push two people together if they don't have that sort of connection.
Good luck - I can see it could be a tricky situation for you. :smile:
I fail to see where the problem is... are your families like the Montagues and Capulets of Yorkshire or something? Really, what are they gonna do, disown you?

Personally the only problem I foresee is that if you do go out and it turns nasty, that might be a problem for your cousin.

Latest

Trending

Trending