Turn on thread page Beta

tips for working at a till watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    so i was told i need to fill in a day in a takeaway my parents own due to absences, but for a shy guy like me i feel kinda nervous :c

i have helped out and taken orders before but only now and again, not constantly while handling many customers one after another and as i usually work in the kitchen not the till. i feel really pressured when lots of people are staring at you waiting for them to be served. was wondering if anybody could give some tips? :x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shibe)
    so i was told i need to fill in a day in a takeaway my parents own due to absences, but for a shy guy like me i feel kinda nervous :c

i have helped out and taken orders before but only now and again, not constantly while handling many customers one after another and as i usually work in the kitchen not the till. i feel really pressured when lots of people are staring at you waiting for them to be served. was wondering if anybody could give some tips? :x
    Just imagine if you were a customer - you wouldn't really care who's behind the counter, they just want the food.

You'll be fine
    Just be like, 'hi, what would you like?'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.