Fisher Price being an American company?
Apollo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by bikerx23)
Fisher Price being an American company?
Who used Chinese manufactures, who went against design plans and used lead paint on their own accord.
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Apollo)
Who used Chinese manufactures, who went against design plans and used lead paint on their own accord.
Can we have some justification of that comment?
Apollo
Rep:
?
(Original post by bikerx23)
Can we have some justification of that comment?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291789,00.html
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Right, because News Corps' position on China is neutral and unbiased :rolleyes:
Apollo
Rep:
?
There are dozens of similar articles from around the world. Take your pick. Spare us the "biased source" argument.
bikerx23
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Feel free to put forward "thousands of similar articles"

All I can say is you're doing a very poor job of separating the occurances in chinese manufacturing from those that occur in the US:

http://www.usrecallnews.com/food_drug_recall.php

Considering you can only claim to find a dozen examples, the fact that there have been that many in the US in one month, in one sector says that you are in a very poor position to comment.
Apollo
Rep:
?
What are you on about? I was referring to there being dozens of similar articles about the Chinese company adding lead paint. I wasn't saying there were only a dozen articles about recalled Chinese products.

If China would only agree to take a closer look at some of the things it exports, this could all be cleared up. Considering your government recently executed the former head of your FDA for exporting tainted products (among other things) this would seem like a logical next step.
Alasdair
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
As the UK has now pointed out a number of times - these manufacturers are Western-based companies, rather than Chinese ones. If the US government wishes to ensure that products produced by Western companies is up to scratch, they should introduce legislation to do so domestically.
Apollo
Rep:
?
(Original post by alasdair_R)
As the UK has now pointed out a number of times - these manufacturers are Western-based companies, rather than Chinese ones. If the US government wishes to ensure that products produced by Western companies is up to scratch, they should introduce legislation to do so domestically.
The US has already shown that that is not the case with many of these tainted products.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Apollo)
What are you on about? I was referring to there being dozens of similar articles about the Chinese company adding lead paint. I wasn't saying there were only a dozen articles about recalled Chinese products.

If China would only agree to take a closer look at some of the things it exports, this could all be cleared up. Considering your government recently executed the former head of your FDA for exporting tainted products (among other things) this would seem like a logical next step.
Exactly. Then why the calls for a ban?
Apollo
Rep:
?
Where did I call for a ban? :confused:
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm not talking about you personally Apollo, but about the bans, slowly but surely, being put on imports from China.

An article you could read (here).

EDIT: And also, this.
Apollo
Rep:
?
(Original post by A Y A Z)
I'm not talking about you personally Apollo, but about the bans, slowly but surely, being put on imports from China.

An article you could read (here).

EDIT: And also, this.
Well, that goes hand in hand with our statement, doesn't it? If China would look more carefully at what it exports, we wouldn't be forced to halt seafood shipments, and thus this could be cleared up.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
China already is. Read the other articles and news updates on that site.

So technically, this thread may have served its purpose.
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
NZ is not only concerned over the quality of Chinese exports, but has heard about the apparent 'slave labour' that is going on over there (which would be illegal in NZ and Australia) and is encouraging its citizens to use locally made products.
Apollo
Rep:
?
The US is very sad to hear of this news: http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapc....ap/index.html

Despite this, however, we would like to thank China for admitting there was a problem and temporarily banning exports from the company.
A Y A Z
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would also like to point out that China has done everything it can to ensure quality control over the past few weeks.

Well done.
Apollo
Rep:
?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6946425.stm

The US would like to know what the "series of measures" discussed in the article are.
Nightowl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
France is hopeful that China will place tighter control on its industry to prevent these events happening again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (280)
27.56%
No (736)
72.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise