Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Always getting rejected by girls watch

Announcements

I'm 23 and never had a girlfriend! I've been using online dating sites like tinder where I never do get any matches and on pof, girls never reply to my messages! I feel as though I'll never get a girlfriend! what can I do? Any advice?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Stop using Tinder or any dating app then. It's clearly not working for you. It's hard to get matches unless you're super attractive. Talk to girls in real life for starters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 23 and never had a girlfriend! I've been using online dating sites like tinder where I never do get any matches and on pof, girls never reply to my messages! I feel as though I'll never get a girlfriend! what can I do? Any advice?
    As above poster suggests meet girls in real life. I'm in a similar position to you. Pursuing girl's online is so much harder, you will often get ignored which can be frustrating and dent your confidence & self-esteem. Are you studying/working at the moment? Any girl's there that are single & you like? Also join clubs, groups, do volunteering etc to expand your social circle if you don't feel you're meeting enough girl's at the moment. Main thing in this situation is to keep trying with a positive mindset. Don't let girls dictate your worth. keep putting yourself out there & learn from different experiences. Getting a girlfriend is a lot of work, girls fall in love over time so don't ever try to force these things, just talk to a girl you like, invite her out to places in order to get to know her better & when you feel the timings right make a move, & don't obsess about things like rejection so much. Eventually you will get somewhere, sometimes you just have to be a bit patient. Best of luck man!

ReputationRep:
    Life some iron. Get DENCH

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure I already dispensed advice, OP (gave you plenty to go on) :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    I'll never,ever,ever get people in their 20s online dating
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Don't use Tinder if you want something other than friends or hookups.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried being rich, funny and hot?

ReputationRep:
    I know your feels OP.

Basically, continue to improve yourself but BE yourself. No point trying to impress someone just for the sake of a shag/girlfriend. Just be open and honest about who you are, follow your own path in life and pursue your own interests. One day, perhaps the right girl will walk into your life.

ReputationRep:
    Go to a pub. Meet a girl on the dance floor. Buy her a drink. Get her number. Send her text!

How one of my exes got me. *

My current guy got me just by being my friend. I'm his first girlfriend, and I don't want to count how many boyfriends I went through before I met him. But just by being his goofy self I fell for him. <3 *

ReputationRep:
    Girls don't matter, get a successful degree, job, wait and girls will come!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    Go to a pub. Meet a girl on the dance floor.
    Pubs in your area have dancefloors???

ReputationRep:
    if you not as ugly as me then you have np

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    Smartest comment here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Pubs in your area have dancefloors???
    If it doesn't have one then we make one with what space is left between the bar and the tables/chairs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    yeah you wish

ReputationRep:
    Let them make the first move. It may mean a downgrade but it saves time and energy and avoids getting in the whole 'creep' zone thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngloIndiaCrew)
    Let them make the first move. It may mean a downgrade but it saves time and energy and avoids getting in the whole 'creep' zone thing.
    Yeah let them OP. Girls constantly hit on guys who're always getting rejected by other girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sisuphos)
    Yeah let them OP. Girls constantly hit on guys who're always getting rejected by other girls.
    He might just have to lower expectations.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 17, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.