Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it ok to drink the tape water in the UK? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If the need a water filter or not is not dependant on the water supply, it depends on your pipes. If you have lead pipes then you need a water filter because the water from your taps will be full of lead which is harmful for the brain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    If the need a water filter or not is not dependant on the water supply, it depends on your pipes. If you have lead pipes then you need a water filter because the water from your taps will be full of lead which is harmful for the brain.
    Although it's not so necessary in hard water areas, as limescale coats the inside of the pipes.

ReputationRep:
    where i live, we get pure mineral water, and it avaiable in vast quantities, its not treated with anything, straight from the ground, into my tap.

ReputationRep:
    Urggh in Brunei water is BAD. It smells and it's sometimes yellow or green. I get freaked out when I take a bath in it. Poo

ReputationRep:
    Some tap water in the UK is all fine, for example the soft water in the West Country, but water here in Hertfordshire and around Greater London is hard water and it's absolutely horrible stuff! It's got ridiculously high levels of chlorine in it and smells like toilet water :eek: and it's not good for washing hair in, it really drys hair out, and skin for that matter! I'm going to live in Devon when I'm older just because they have nicer water

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I remember on April Fools Day when GMTV did a feature on 'diet tap water'....I actually thought they were being serious! :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.