Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

RAF Basic training

ReputationRep:
    I have my PRTC coming up soon, I have read online somewhere that there needs to be at least 6 weeks between PRTC and my actual start date? Is this true as there currently only a 3 week gap.

ReputationRep:
    This can't be true as I went through BRTC in January and there was only 3 weeks between mine, aswell as many other people on my PRTC

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi, for me there are 6 weeks between the prtc and brtc with my interview 3 weeks before basic so i think it varies maybe depending on role demand etc. If your unsure about something you can always talk to your local AFCO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaajevans)
    I have my PRTC coming up soon, I have read online somewhere that there needs to be at least 6 weeks between PRTC and my actual start date? Is this true as there currently only a 3 week gap.
    When you going for PRTC? I've only got 5 weeks between the dates I've been given. When I was in speaking to the cpl they implied it was better to actually have less time in between as i was supposed to have gone last week but it changed to next month so there was less of a gap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wongtong)
    When you going for PRTC? I've only got 5 weeks between the dates I've been given. When I was in speaking to the cpl they implied it was better to actually have less time in between as i was supposed to have gone last week but it changed to next month so there was less of a gap?
    Mine was meant to be end of this month but it was moved to November for some reason, with my start date being close to Christmas

ReputationRep:
    How quickly has everyone gone through the application process? I have my AST at the end of October, but want to get an idea as to when I will be starting basic training at Halton.

ReputationRep:
    I applied in July and started basic training at the end of January with a slight delay of around 6 weeks with my medical records, so could have potentially been even faster than it was. The process is massively subjective to your chosen trade and the manning requirements though I would think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wibi2006)
    I applied in July and started basic training at the end of January with a slight delay of around 6 weeks with my medical records, so could have potentially been even faster than it was. The process is massively subjective to your chosen trade and the manning requirements though I would think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm hoping to start training within 6months, but yes, you are right about manning requirements and trade demands

ReputationRep:
    It was roughly about 6 months for me but there was people on my intake at Halton that had only taken 4/5 months so your 6 months is easily achievable! providing you don't hit any walls through the recruitment process that is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mine would be 14 months by the time i start training, medical took 6 months to get the all clear but finally got there!

ReputationRep:
    I've also got my PRTC 28th September for entry November so it doesn't take that long, 8;if anyone else has those dates I'm sure we will meet

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.