Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I got diagnosed with luekima (don't know how to spell it) 6 months ago. I still go to school but I get bullied for having it. Have you got any tips of how I can cope with this?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    All I can say is, karma will slap those idiots round the face when it's their turn to suffer. It's utterly disgusting to see this happen.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're both going through a difficult time with your health and dealing with such people at school. If you haven't already, let you headteacher/headmistress know about what is going on and how they can try and stop (though schools are rubbish at stopping bullying from my experience) the bullies from harming you.

Don't let sarky comments or insults get to you, and also if they start being physically abusive, give them a taste of their own medicine. People only realise the hurt they're causing others if they feel it in the first place, and though it may sound harsh, that's the only way these people understand sadly. Truly stand up for yourself, that you are proud to be doing well at school and coping well with your health and that you won't let negativity get the better of you.

You should make your "weaknesses" that they point out, your strengths, that way, whatever they say or do to you, won't affect you and they'll slowly get the picture that they can't mess with this kid. So what if you've got leukaemia? You're stronger and braver than ever before and you are a battling through this like a boss. So what if you're going to go through treatment and chemo? Your inner beauty will radiate and put a smile across other people faces for your bravery and willingness to get through the hardship.

Don't ever stand for such nonsense, and I truly empathise with the fact that it is easier said than done because I had a hard time with bullying throughout my primary school years but what I've learnt from those years and I regret not doing myself is to show those bullies that they cannot control you, you are special and have the power to be amazing. They may put you down and make fun of you, but believe me when I say, those people won't get far in life being like that, it's people like you, who have hope, courage and persistence to plod along in life and do their best to help others in the future, who will make it in life.

My last resort option would be to leave the school you are currently in if you feel that it is getting too much at school. Staying at school and feeling worried or anxious every day is not the way to go. If you need to change schools so that you will be happy, please do, it'll make you less stressed and you'll be a much happier person in an environment you feel safe in.

I hope you're doing alright health wise and generally, my prayers go out to you during this difficult time. I'm here to help if you ever need me.

Stay strong and don't ever give up! :hugs:

(Original post by Lovinlife2)
    All I can say is, karma will slap those idiots round the face when it's their turn to suffer. It's utterly disgusting to see this happen.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're both going through a difficult time with your health and dealing with such people at school. If you haven't already, let you headteacher/headmistress know about what is going on and how they can try and stop (though schools are rubbish at stopping bullying from my experience) the bullies from harming you.

Don't let sarky comments or insults get to you, and also if they start being physically abusive, give them a taste of their own medicine. People only realise the hurt they're causing others if they feel it in the first place, and though it may sound harsh, that's the only way these people understand sadly. Truly stand up for yourself, that you are proud to be doing well at school and coping well with your health and that you won't let negativity get the better of you.

You should make your "weaknesses" that they point out, your strengths, that way, whatever they say or do to you, won't affect you and they'll slowly get the picture that they can't mess with this kid. So what if you've got leukaemia? You're stronger and braver than ever before and you are a battling through this like a boss. So what if you're going to go through treatment and chemo? Your inner beauty will radiate and put a smile across other people faces for your bravery and willingness to get through the hardship.

Don't ever stand for such nonsense, and I truly empathise with the fact that it is easier said than done because I had a hard time with bullying throughout my primary school years but what I've learnt from those years and I regret not doing myself is to show those bullies that they cannot control you, you are special and have the power to be amazing. They may put you down and make fun of you, but believe me when I say, those people won't get far in life being like that, it's people like you, who have hope, courage and persistence to plod along in life and do their best to help others in the future, who will make it in life.

My last resort option would be to leave the school you are currently in if you feel that it is getting too much at school. Staying at school and feeling worried or anxious every day is not the way to go. If you need to change schools so that you will be happy, please do, it'll make you less stressed and you'll be a much happier person in an environment you feel safe in.

I hope you're doing alright health wise and generally, my prayers go out to you during this difficult time. I'm here to help if you ever need me.

Stay strong and don't ever give up! :hugs:
    Thank you for your kind words it means a lot. I will try and talk to someone about it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.