Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    this is a random graph i got from the internet but what i want to know is if someone can explain the graph as in what happens?
    eg:ball thrown up
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    for the first two seconds the object is decelerating at about 10ms-2... so could be caused by gravity.

for the first 0.5 seconds the object is moving upwards, because the velocity is positive. it reaches the highest point at 0.5 seconds then comes down. at 2 seconds it is given a large upwards velocity, perhaps by being hit by a bat or something ?

then it continues upwards for another half second and reaches the top 2.5 seconds after the beginning.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmans)
    this is a random graph i got from the internet but what i want to know is if someone can explain the graph as in what happens?
    eg:ball thrown up
    I would add to what the bear had described.

The ball is thrown upward at 5 m/s at a higher platform (10 m) above the ground.

At time t = 2.0, the ball hit the hard ground and rebound immediately with an upward speed of 10 m/s but there is a loss of energy.

The ball continues upward and reaches the peak or top at t = 3.0 s when the speed is zero.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.