Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

What DSA help can you get for ADHD (/ADD)?

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to start my 3rd year at uni and have so far been getting DSA support for Dyslexia but have recently been diagnosed with ADHD too.

Ideally I need a tutor specific to my course for support with the ADHD, but not sure what exactly it is that DSA will offer. Anyone know?

Also, how to go about updating your DSA situation? They only seem to have an address or an expensive phone number. No email that I can find.

ReputationRep:
    Send them your report with a cover letter explaining that enclosed is a copy of your report. Remember to put your customer number, name and address on every piece of paper you send them.

What DSA offer will depend on how your disabilities affect you. So, some people get things like a study mentor, note taker, various pieces of software, exam arrangements, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isabellerhg)
    I'm about to start my 3rd year at uni and have so far been getting DSA support for Dyslexia but have recently been diagnosed with ADHD too.

Ideally I need a tutor specific to my course for support with the ADHD, but not sure what exactly it is that DSA will offer. Anyone know?

Also, how to go about updating your DSA situation? They only seem to have an address or an expensive phone number. No email that I can find.

Hi, I was first year last year and have ADHD. I went for a test and told the person that I struggle with reading. I said it takes me maybe 4 or 5 times reading something before I properly understand what it means and also because of ADHD you loose focus and if the lecturer is reading from the board too fast for you or you loose concentration say that to them and they will get a note taker. I got note taker and extra time and a studies skills mentor.

ReputationRep:
    Great - thanks so much for your help!

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.