My boyfriend has finally forgiven me for cheating etc. but I'm not even happy about i

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I can't bring myself to care anymore, about anything or anyone It's like my depression's gotten 100 x as bad really suddenly \9even before he told me) lol i could see how put off he was by my reaction to him saying we're all good now 'oh really thats great......'might as well have said why dont you just **** off now. my sibling is messing up their life too and i just cant brin myself to care, will i ever care....
    is it normal not to give a damn about anyone when youre depressed or is it just me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white.daniel)
    if youre lonely come snapchat me

sean_doran98
    I just said I dont give a **** about anyone didnt i..................

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    I can't bring myself to care anymore, about anything or anyone It's like my depression's gotten 100 x as bad really suddenly \9even before he told me) lol i could see how put off he was by my reaction to him saying we're all good now 'oh really thats great......'might as well have said why dont you just **** off now. my sibling is messing up their life too and i just cant brin myself to care, will i ever care....
    is it normal not to give a damn about anyone when youre depressed or is it just me
    It's common to get emotional numbness when you have depression. I really think you should see your GP though, this isn't going to suddenly go away. Also talk to your boyfriend, try and get him on the same page as you at least so he has some idea of what's going on, otherwise he'll feel pushed away

ReputationRep:
    I...I... need more i-information on the situation.

I'm struggling to comprehend this on this rainy Friday morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TruthBeTold')

Read his other thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Read his other thread
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    It's common to get emotional numbness when you have depression. I really think you should see your GP though, this isn't going to suddenly go away. Also talk to your boyfriend, try and get him on the same page as you at least so he has some idea of what's going on, otherwise he'll feel pushed away
    Yeah, I know I've been on this crazy ride for years now and now I'm pretty sure it's not going anywhere. I don't wanna see a doctor about it though. Went to see one once and things just didn't work out but it's a long story guess I just find it difficult to comprehend how something thats only in my head can affect me so much
    He knows about it, to an extent but i think he just expected me to be more enthusiastic

hmmm? Like what? what are you talking aboutt it's sunny. at least where i live

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Yeah, I know I've been on this crazy ride for years now and now I'm pretty sure it's not going anywhere. I don't wanna see a doctor about it though. Went to see one once and things just didn't work out but it's a long story guess I just find it difficult to comprehend how something thats only in my head can affect me so much
    He knows about it, to an extent but i think he just expected me to be more enthusiastic

hmmm? Like what? what are you talking aboutt it's sunny. at least where i live
    Explain what happened fully. I read your previous posts and i'm still fairly bamboozled...but interested

ReputationRep:
    Explain what happened fully. I read your previous posts and i'm still fairly bamboozled...but interested
    Not really sure what else is there t explain - im a cheater and i like crazy parties when the mood strikes me, my boyfriend is a nice person but im totally ungrateful and emotionally numb sums it up pretty well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Not really sure what else is there t explain - im a cheater and i like crazy parties when the mood strikes me, my boyfriend is a nice person but im totally ungrateful and emotionally numb sums it up pretty well

I...I.. I'm going to vacate this thread.

Unusually, I can't offer any of my expertise or advice.

You've stumped me

ReputationRep:

You've stumped me
    That's unusual

ReputationRep:

You've stumped me
    haha its fine, youre too cute for your own good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    With all due respect, stop using people to fix your own issues. Nothing good is going to come of it and it only makes things worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh9)
    With all due respect, stop using people to fix your own issues. Nothing good is going to come of it and it only makes things worse.
    I'm not going to break up just because I've depression though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    I'm not going to break up just because I've depression though
    Do you feel anything at all for him? I remember your previous thread about missing your ex boyfriends and being bored of this guy and it's just *****y tbh.

He must really ****ing love you to forgive you for cheating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sh9)
    Do you feel anything at all for him? I remember your previous thread about missing your ex boyfriends and being bored of this guy and it's just *****y tbh.

He must really ****ing love you to forgive you for cheating.
    I do, deep down. But i dont really feel much for him at the moment. still, same applies to everyone, friends and family members too its this complete emotional numbness, the world could end and id be like how dull. Ah yeah it was a really stupid thread, i regret it now, was in one of my euphoric crazy moods they are so rare but they make me really reckless and stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Most depressives go through apathetic periods (bipolar people often push people away, of course). I should note that I've known people to feel their emotions/senses/drive dulled on certain medications for depression, mind. Whatever the case with you, I hope you're able to move through this; for the time being, however, it would be wise to consider the ethics in remaining in a seriously unbalanced relationship - doesn't strike me as being terribly fair on the poor sod

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Most depressives go through apathetic periods (bipolar people often push people away, of course). I should note that I've known people to feel their emotions/senses/drive dulled on certain medications for depression, mind. Whatever the case with you, I hope you're able to move through this; for the time being, however, it would be wise to consider the ethics in remaining in a seriously unbalanced relationship - doesn't strike me as being terribly fair on the poor sod
    I'm not on antidepressants, just benzos. not really bothered about ethics to be honest its not like I'm forcing him. he wants me here, now im pretty sure that he'd be unhappy if i left. Besides ive nowhere to go and im really comfortable at his place

ReputationRep:
    hope he leaves your dumb ass.

Disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    hope he leaves your dumb ass.

Disgusting.

just kidding! <3 he wonttt do it
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg large.jpg (12.5 KB)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Spring onions - Yay or nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.