Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hola,

On Wednesday I handed in my notice to my manager who was very understanding, come Friday everyone in the office is aware of this and so it turns out most of the building. I’m surprised as to how quick it has got around but have been advised to say something due to it being unprofessional and invasion of privacy - though I don’t want to leave on such bad terms.

In your opinion, is it necessary do take action or just ignore it?

ReputationRep:
    Its very unprofessional. Perhaps you could slide it into a conversation with him without sounding too confrontational if its bothering you?

However personally I would leave it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's too late. Arguably, you could have stated your preference for a discreet exit at the time of handing in your notice. You have nothing to gain by expressing your dissatisfaction at this stage. I'd try to be a bit light-hearted about it all, as any whiff of your dismay will fuel the gossip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrSocSciences)
    It's too late. Arguably, you could have stated your preference for a discreet exit at the time of handing in your notice. You have nothing to gain by expressing your dissatisfaction at this stage. I'd try to be a bit light-hearted about it all, as any whiff of your dismay will fuel the gossip.
    (Original post by A321)
    Its very unprofessional. Perhaps you could slide it into a conversation with him without sounding too confrontational if its bothering you?

However personally I would leave it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree, bringing it up wouldn't do anything now other than get my boss into trouble and as much as I hate how this has been spread, I'd rather not leave on those terms - thanks!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.