GSK Industrial Placement Applications 2016/2017

Watch
samkayne
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Any other chemical engineers currently applying for the Pilot Plant Engineering placement? One of the sections asks "Describe succinctly a major piece of scientific work that you’ve undertaken". As a student going into his 3rd year, I have little to no practical experience unfortunately due to lack of success with summer placements. Is anybody else struggling to find something to write about? This could also apply to other disciplines applying for GSK placements e.g. Chemistry as I presume they will ask something similar in your respective application forms.
BrexitBojo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why u applying to Pilot plant? Thats going to be all r&d based. That something you interested in? Bit harsh that they are wanting examples of previous 'scientific work' though I must say. Only far and few between will have some at the end of year two... Personally as a 4th year chemical engineer even I would be struggling with that one. Describing a lab measuring friction loss in pipes doesn't sound like a 'major piece' lol

If you aren't fussy and you really cant think of anything then apply to process engineer jobs instead. I doubt they will ask that question.
samkayne
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by alexjones1994)
Why u applying to Pilot plant? Thats going to be all r&d based. That something you interested in? Bit harsh that they are wanting examples of previous 'scientific work' though I must say. Only far and few between will have some at the end of year two... Personally as a 4th year chemical engineer even I would be struggling with that one. Describing a lab measuring friction loss in pipes doesn't sound like a 'major piece' lol

If you aren't fussy and you really cant think of anything then apply to process engineer jobs instead. I doubt they will ask that question.
Although I'd prefer to do a process engineering placement, I would still be interested in doing R&D work. Think I'm just going to hold out for the process placements, I literally have nothing to write in that section.. Friction loss in pipes was honestly the first thing that came to mind haha
Galadrielll
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm stuck on that question too. I'm applying for molecular biology role
(Original post by samkayne)
Any other chemical engineers currently applying for the Pilot Plant Engineering placement? One of the sections asks "Describe succinctly a major piece of scientific work that you’ve undertaken". As a student going into his 3rd year, I have little to no practical experience unfortunately due to lack of success with summer placements. Is anybody else struggling to find something to write about? This could also apply to other disciplines applying for GSK placements e.g. Chemistry as I presume they will ask something similar in your respective application forms.
Zelda2123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Galadrielll)
I'm stuck on that question too. I'm applying for molecular biology role
Hey I have just submitted the form for a different biology based one, I cant find a link to the online assessment though D: Can you ?
Galadrielll
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zelda2123)
Hey I have just submitted the form for a different biology based one, I cant find a link to the online assessment though D: Can you ?

You have to wait for an email. Then you can do them.

How did you answer:
"Describe succinctly a major piece of scientific work that you’ve undertaken". ?
MarielleW
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone have any tips for this question?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (186)
14.1%
I'm not sure (59)
4.47%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (387)
29.34%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.81%
I'm not a current university student (650)
49.28%

Watched Threads