Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm moving to Newcastle from Mexico in a few days, and I wanted to know what the city is like? Ie, how safe is it to walk around the center in the day and night? (Muggings? I'll be living around the Discovery Museum. What can I expect in weather in the next few months? And what do Brits think of Mexicans?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by sancor05)
    I'm moving to Newcastle from Mexico in a few days, and I wanted to know what the city is like? Ie, how safe is it to walk around the center in the day and night? (Muggings? I'll be living around the Discovery Museum. What can I expect in weather in the next few months? And what do Brits think of Mexicans?
    I'm not sure Brits have particular opinions on Mexican people as a whole...people will care about you and what you're like rather than where you come from. Newcastle is actually quite nice. The town centre is safe during the day, and I've never had any issues walking around alone at night. It's very warm at the moment, and quite humid, but it's due to get colder. I'm expecting thunderstorms over the next few weeks as things cool down and we move on into Autumn, when it'll be warm-ish still but will start heading towards the colder weather as we get on, especially at night. We'll start getting more rain and bad weather as we head towards the end of the year, but nothing too extreme I wouldn't have thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sancor05)
    I don't live very far away from Newcastle, and its a lovely place to be! Its a very multicultural city with people from lots of different places, and I've always felt extremely safe there, even at night. As a general rule, everyone in the North is very friendly and welcoming and you should have an amazing time, it really is a great city and I couldn't recommend it more to anyone! Yes, it will be very cold during the winter but it can be quite pleasant during the spring and summer, and the city centre is one of the best for nightlife and shopping in the North of England, as well as having a brilliant atmosphere in general. In short, it's a great place - I love it and I'm sure you will too! Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    my mate lives in sunderland, GOAT night out

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.