Turn on thread page Beta

How long shall I learn Theory for? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got my provisional today! Whooooo!!!!

So I went to woolworths and there was a fab offer for the theory test and hazards test for £9. I brought it and now i'm doing the questions. How long shall I do them?

I did a mock test and got 35/35. The questions seem to be simple and easy, but then I did another mock test and got 29/35 :eek: which lowered my confidence a notch. lol

How long did u guys learn for?

ReputationRep:
    About 30 minutes the day before my test ..

ReputationRep:
    about 3 days on and off for few hours its not the hardest test in the world ecsp the questions most of its common sense but deff practice hazard perception u need to get used to the video clips and whats dangerous or could become dangerous do as much as u can to feel ready and if u fail then its not a big deal make sure u do it b4 sept 3rd!

ReputationRep:
    A few days, do loads and loads of mock tests and hazard perceptions! Book your test now, you'll probably have something like a two-week wait, then do it quite intensively for the few days before your test.

ReputationRep:
    I was sad enough to attempt every single one of the 916 questions in a big book of them over a very dull week of the summer holidays - it got me 35/35 so it just have been worth it in the end

Just keep doing the mock tests again and again until your passing every time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hafzal)
    I got my provisional today! Whooooo!!!!

So I went to woolworths and there was a fab offer for the theory test and hazards test for £9. I brought it and now i'm doing the questions. How long shall I do them?

I did a mock test and got 35/35. The questions seem to be simple and easy, but then I did another mock test and got 29/35 :eek: which lowered my confidence a notch. lol

How long did u guys learn for?
    for me the way i done it was i booked the test first and then studied for it. i had to read a whole book which was quite helpful ended up getting 35/35

Alot of people say alot of it is common sense but its not. just practice lots and lots then it will become common sense it that makes any sense. so even if you come across questions you didnt study about in the actual test the will be abit obvious. anyways how i done it was read then practice etc.

So best way to do it is book your test should be atleast 2 week wait. and then study that way you have something to aim for otherwise you wont be bothered praticing. do it before september as prices are going up along with the questions

ReputationRep:
    a couple of hours before the test... full marks for me... lol

ReputationRep:
    Take the test only after you are well prepared for the hazard perception part. Most people I know seem to fail the overall test because they failed the hazard perception part.

Learnt the entire highway code in 2 days and another 4 days for the hazard perception part. So about 12 to 15 hours of learning I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I read the Highway Code on the bus and stuff, and did a lot of practise questions on a CD. I didn't spend ages on it, just long enough so that I was passing mocks everytime, so that I was confident. =)

ReputationRep:
    im trying to use a cd i have but every time i click, it pauses and gives me no scores or anything. PANICING.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.