I have no idea how to go about personal compelling reasons

    • Thread Starter

    I have to send a personal and compelling reasons cover letter. I have no idea how to do this. Do I write a letter and get my GP to sign it?
    If I have to write the letter what exactly is the structure or layout?

    Does my GP write the letter?

    Do I put in an old mental health assessment from around the time I had to interrupt my studies?
    Should I wait until I have evidence from both my GP and university mental disability office to vouch that I had significant mental health problems that made continuing my course at the time extremely difficult?

    I interrupted my studies in November because of mental health problems. Now, beforehand I did sign up with the university mental disability office. They were aware of my problems and willing to make adjustments for me at the time. I even sent off the DSA application form to them(although I am uncertain they sent it off).
    Because I thought it shameful the reason I put down for interrupting my studies was other rather than health reasons.

    My psychotic problems became bad a couple weeks later prompting me to visit my GP, who then referred me to an NHS psychiatrist for an appointment a month later.

    There wasn't much of an outcome for the appointment except for that I should start taking meds and see a councillor. I still have the report from that initial appointment.

    10 months later things did not improve and so I repeated the process to see the psychiatrist.
    • Thread Starter

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team
Today on TSR
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.