Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Management sciences vs Economics and Management Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I am interested in coming to Loughborough and studying management / economics, but I do not take A-level maths considering this would I be at any disadvantage
    applying to the economics and management (I know a level maths isn't required but still ) keeping in mind I am interested in studying economics,what course would I be better off applying for ? maybe one of the other courses such as business economics and finance?

Thanks(predicted AAB btw with a B in gsce maths)
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mona_1)
    I am interested in coming to Loughborough and studying management / economics, but I do not take A-level maths considering this would I be at any disadvantage
    applying to the economics and management (I know a level maths isn't required but still ) keeping in mind I am interested in studying economics,what course would I be better off applying for ? maybe one of the other courses such as business economics and finance?

Thanks(predicted AAB btw with a B in gsce maths)
    Hi Mona_1

Great that you're considering coming to Lboro! You won't be at a disadvantage not having Maths A-Level. As long as your AAB doesn't include General Studies, Critical Thinking or Communications and Culture, you can apply for any of the business or economics courses.

There aren't any that you'd be better off applying for - have a look at the courses, look at the modules and see which fits what you want to do. You can find all the info here

Are you coming to the Open Days this week? info here: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/open-days/

If you've got any more questions, just let us know
    Vicky

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.