Foot and Mouth Returns Watch

City bound
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Looks like Foot and Mouth has made an unwelcome return.

Will this highly infectious disease spread and cause chaos as it did before? Or will this non-fatal and temporary disease be vaccinated against?

I wonder...
Agent Smith
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hooray, we're all gonna die.
Dionysus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
There are MUCH better contingency plans this time, so hopefully they'll stop it from spreading.
City bound
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
The only improvement in the plans is that they are doing it faster. It's still the same old nonsense of 'culling on suspicion' rather than vaccination. Or, indeed, a culling/vaccination option.
Dionysus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm fairly sure they've stockpiled a lot of vaccines. I read that somewhere, anyway.
e-lover
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think the quicker the action, the more lenient the consequences will be. They've done the basics, form a no-go area and informed all local authorities. Lets just wait and see what happens. This might be a one-off (hopefully!)
Benn
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dionysus)
I'm fairly sure they've stockpiled a lot of vaccines. I read that somewhere, anyway.
But will the farmers want to use these vaccines?

There was something on the tv the other morning (Sunday?) about how famers wouldnt want to vaccinate, as it would affect exports to france and the like, and something stupid.

If something is going to prevent/help the eradication of this disease.. then why not accept it!?

THen there are some reports about the strain coming from the nearby animal testing labs.. Well isnt that just helpful? These big labs the gvmnt have set up to try and come up with cures for diseases etc are leaking lethal diseases that are infecting our livestock.

Maybe 2007 isnt going to be a good year for Britain?

First Bird Flu, then Foot and Mouth. What next? Cowpox?
Dionysus
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The main reason they haven't vaccinated yet is because they haven't determined the exact strain or whether they have the appropriate stockpiles for that particular strain.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (61)
20%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (120)
39.34%
Nope, not that interesting (124)
40.66%

Watched Threads