Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Up until now, I was certain that I was going to take Chemistry, Biology and Psychology, however, starting these courses, psychology isn't something that I'm enjoying. My decision for my third would be either Maths or Music, and here my dilemma starts. To get into medical school, I need 3 A's, and as I have a flair for music, I feel as this would be achievable with music. However I've been told medical schools prefer maths, and I got a better GCSE result in it, but with Biology and Chemistry, I'm scared it will be too much and I won't get 3 A's. I need help?

ReputationRep:
    I know UCL for one don't care about your third A-level as long as you have Biology and Chemistry. At the end of the day, it is going to come down to what you are more likely to get an A in. Do you enjoy Maths?

ReputationRep:
    This is wrong. Whilst it is true that some medical schools want a third science subject ( Maths, FM or Physics ) it is not necessary for many. In fact. there's only one college in Cambridge which requires maths out of all med schools in the country. Take whichever one you are more likely to get an A/A* in, which is why many medicine applicants take maths cause its relatively easy to get an A.

ReputationRep:
    Although I think I am slightly better at maths, music is more enjoyable to me, as I do find maths a bit stressful. This is the dilemma as I don't really know what a level maths is like in correlation to music?

ReputationRep:
    Ask if you can do both for a while.then drop which one you find the hardest

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.