Turn on thread page Beta

How good is the london science museum for people of student age? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered because I might visit, but wondered if it was fun and a laugh, or a bit drab and childish?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    its an amazing museum - i've been going there for years, and its good for all ages really. There are stuff for kids, and there are very serious stuffs for the amateur/student. My favourite piece in the museum has got to be the reconstruction of the first computer, designed by Charles Babbage. It is an absolute beauty!

P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legotraintrack)
    Just wondered because I might visit, but wondered if it was fun and a laugh, or a bit drab and childish?

Thanks!
    It's great! My friends and I spent worrying amounts of time in there last year. Got sections for everyone. We do medicine and were learning things about it we didn't know before, so bits are high level!

ReputationRep:
    I havent been since I was about 11, so I dont know. I remember loving it though. I wonder what its like now, might be an idea for something to do over summer.

Is it still free does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    I went last year and it was free then I think so should still be .

ReputationRep:
    Superfun!

Especially the Launchpad...

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy it!!! Lol.

ReputationRep:
    The science museum is great for anyone really. Some bits are rather kiddish but there's stuff for students and adults as well.

Museum is great and it's free, but the IMAX cinema is rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been to the science museum so if I do end up going to uni in London I may have to pay it a visit lol. I've been to the IMAX - didn't really think it was that good really tbh.

ReputationRep:
    i went when I was in year 9 and it was all facinating. I also went whe nI was in my last year of Uni and found it a bit childish on the whole to be honest.

I am sure it owuld be good first tiem of all ages though.

Personally I think the history museum nextdoor would be more suited to the avg adult.

Both are free but not all of the special exhibitions inside are free.

ReputationRep:
    I went last year with a group of mates (aged 18 to 22ish) and we loved it

ReputationRep:
    It's very good.

ReputationRep:
    i love it too, you should definitely visit imo!

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing. They even have aeroplanes in there.

ReputationRep:
    It's good as far as museums go (I don't enjoy museums really).
    We went because we were supposed to be on a trip to the natural history museum with college, but it was so boring we ducked out and went to the science museum instead. Much more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I like it...this past year I lived down the road from it...I'm going to miss that

It's also awesome because I get free access to the IMAX theatre there .

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.