A-Levels and AP's Watch

b1tter
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
If a candidate has done A-Levels before, but now decides to change to AP's or even another exam, does that candidate have to declare all his other (GCSE, AS, etc..) exams grades too, even though they've changed systems? Bear in mind they have been certified.
b1tter
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Why is that though? I mean the candidate has changed systems and therefore the old examinations should not count.
--
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Because you are asked to declare all qualifications (and sign, or 'tick', a declaration to that effect stating that you have answered truthfully and fully), you aren't just asked to declare pertinent qualifications.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by b1tter)
I mean the candidate has changed systems and therefore the old examinations should not count.
Why not? It is evidence to a university that you have a less than shining record of success and may not be up to its course.
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
AS levels are qualifications in their own right, and obviously so are GCSEs, so if they're certified, they have to be declared. Unis won't just want to know how you're doing at 18, which could now be APs, but also how you did at 17 (AS levels) and 16 (GCSEs) to give them a more complete picture of your academic record, rather than just a snapshot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?