Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just got my UKcat score and it was lower than I expected,
    VR- 580
    AR-600
    QR-670
    SJT- Band 1
    I just wanted to ask what my options are now? Should I still apply to units that don't look at UKcat too heavily? I got 10 A* at GCSE and 2 A and all A's in my AS levels. Do u think I'd still b offered an interview?

ReputationRep:
    nah ur not getting m8 sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkdragon)
    VR- 580
    AR-600
    QR-670
    SJT- Band 1
    I just wanted to ask what my options are now? Should I still apply to units that don't look at UKcat too heavily? I got 10 A* at GCSE and 2 A and all A's in my AS levels. Do u think I'd still b offered an interview?
    Yes. Apply to GCSE heavy uni's and you'll be fine. Your almost guaranteed an interview at Cardiff ( I'm pretty sure you'll score full for GCSE's), also apply to Bham, QUB, maybe Oxford if you take the BMAT. If your PS is good then you also have Bristol which barely look at the UKCAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)
    Yes. Apply to GCSE heavy uni's and you'll be fine. Your almost guaranteed an interview at Cardiff ( I'm pretty sure you'll score full for GCSE's), also apply to Bham, QUB, maybe Oxford if you take the BMAT. If your PS is good then you also have Bristol which barely look at the UKCAT.
    I agreeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkdragon)
    VR- 580
    AR-600
    QR-670
    SJT- Band 1
    I would say that you're almost guaranteed an interview at Leicester. they use a scoring system using your GCSE's and Ukcat avg score. Your GCSE's are fantastic btw! I used the doc provided by Leicester to calculate what your score would likely be. you would score 42.5/48 which as you can see is very high.

Like a user above suggested, definitely check Birmingham out. Cardiff too.
    Try BMAT too, a good BMAT and your amazing GCSEs would give you a shot at Leeds.
    Also make sure to craft a beautiful PS because that would also improve your application.
    The important thing here is DO NOT get bogged down by your UKCAT scores and don't lose hope or confidence in yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bright_Gift)
    I would say that you're almost guaranteed an interview at Leicester. they use a scoring system using your GCSE's and Ukcat avg score. Your GCSE's are fantastic btw! I used the doc provided by Leicester to calculate what your score would likely be. you would score 42.5/48 which as you can see is very high.

Like a user above suggested, definitely check Birmingham out. Cardiff too.
    Try BMAT too, a good BMAT and your amazing GCSEs would give you a shot at Leeds.
    Also make sure to craft a beautiful PS because that would also improve your application.
    The important thing here is DO NOT get bogged down by your UKCAT scores and don't lose hope or confidence in yourself
    Thank u so much, I was like really freaking out but now I've managed to calm down a bit. I'll definitely check out Leicester and I've already looked at Birmingham and they seem really good and I've already signed for the BMAT so I hope that goes better. R u doing the BMAT? If u r what would u say is the best way to revise for it? I looked on the site and have looked at some past papers already but are there any resources to buy?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely follow the BMAT 2017 entry thread on TSR.
    I am doing the BMAT for Leeds and Imperial.
    One way I'm gonna tackle it is practice, practice practiceeee till ny head hurts and I need a nap. I feel like there's just so much on the line for BMAT because the uni applications are already in and you can't reassess your options once you get the result.
    From the BMAT thread, I picked up some methods that I plan to use to revise.
    I'm going to buy the 700Q Bmat questions (green book) off Amazon and hopefully complete all the Qs
    I'm also going to use the online guide on the website to cover the content needed for section 2
    I will also use the Oxford TSA past papers to practice section 1 of the BMAT. I got this tip from The BMAT thread actually, quite a few people mentioned it actually. And I KNOW i'm gonna need ad much help preparing for the critical thinking section 1 as possible.
    Oh yeah and I will also complete the practice tests on the actual BMAT website.

Hope this helped.
    Goood Luckkk

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.