Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

How is your personal statement going? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm in year 13, and since I'm applying to uni this year, I'm at the point of having to write my personal statements? Has anyone else started or even finished their personal statements?

ReputationRep:
    lol I've barely started I will get on it soon though

ReputationRep:
    I've basically finished mine, need to edit it and take my teacher's corrections into account, plus add one more book.

I'm on draft 5 now.

ReputationRep:
    I've not started either lol but i need help from anyone who's done a business management/marketing degree
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Draft 2
    How bad is it? Very bad.
    How long have I got? College wants it in on the 23rd
    How doomed am I? `1032.64%

ReputationRep:
    Finished my second draft last night. However with minimal support from my college for our UCAS applications, I don't really know how good it is to be honest lol. Hoping to get it perfected and sent off by early-mid Oct, though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm writing a general one for biology but I don't even know the course I want to do yet

ReputationRep:
    Second draft done. I like it, but it's 500 characters over.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I've written about 350 characters, if I'm not being lazy, I'll do some more tonight.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Badly. I've written exactly 42 words.

ReputationRep:
    2500 characters and I keep changing my mind about things and editing it completely
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    cba to start

is anyone doing anything related to politics or philosophy for uni????????????????????????

btw good luck for ur ucas application. i hope you smash your personal statement and get accepted to all the unis you wanted to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defraction)
    cba to start

is anyone doing anything related to politics or philosophy for uni????????????????????????

btw good luck for ur ucas application. i hope you smash your personal statement and get accepted to all the unis you wanted to go.
    i'm applying for joint honours politics!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcieiscooler)
    i'm applying for joint honours politics!!
    omg really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what are you doing with politics? i'm hoping to do political science and philosophy(or separately). have you decided what unis you would like to apply to? soz for the bombardment of questions,it's just you are the 2nd person(including school) that wants to do something related to politics.

i might see you, after my glorious gap year ))))))))))))))))))))))))))0

ReputationRep:
    I'm so happy mine is done, and it only took 3 drafts!! I have to have my UCAS submitted tomorrow because I'm an early applicant and my college sets our deadline but it felt like such a weight of my shoulders when my biology teacher said she really liked it and that it was really good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defraction)
    omg really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what are you doing with politics? i'm hoping to do political science and philosophy(or separately). have you decided what unis you would like to apply to? soz for the bombardment of questions,it's just you are the 2nd person(including school) that wants to do something related to politics.

i might see you, after my glorious gap year ))))))))))))))))))))))))))0
    with geography at royal holloway
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcieiscooler)
    with geography at royal holloway
    damn, i want to go st andrews in scotland. royal holloway is a gr8 uni and i know lots of people in my year who want to apply(a close friend of mine lives 8 mins away by car). i hope everything goes well for you.

do you know what you will learn in royal holloway concerning your degree?

ReputationRep:
    Almost finished, on draft 6

ReputationRep:
    SUPPOSED TO BR APPLYING FOR MEDICIEN AND I AHVENT EEVNE FISNISEHD MH FIRST DRAFT ITS SO DAM NHARD

I have stuff to write about and reflect but it's wording it professionally and making it sound legit I'm finding difficult lol.

ReputationRep:
    ive only done one draft, which ive sent away (not to a teacher, but a solicitor at a law firm) to get ideas of how to improve

i have a real issue tho cause idk whether to apply for cambridge considering i only got aab(c - dropped) at AS but if i decide to i'll have to hurry up w/ it

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.